Plugin Contributions

Default Button and Product Image Status

What does this switch in Admin > Config > Prod Info do?

Previous Next Button and Product Image Status

It doesn't appear to be doing anything. It doesn't appear to be turning anything on or off. The controls for turning the Prev/Next features on and off are below this first switch.

I hope that when Zen Cart 1.4 (or will it be 2.0?) is released, that it will include a plain English explanation of all the switches in Admin -- what exactly they act on in and in what exact way, explained clearly. I'm not a moron, but I have spent hours in the Forum and googling, etc., trying to figure out what some of the switches do. The naming conventions used in the Admin panels are often cryptic, at best.

I recently started looking at the extensive options (which is great -- don't get me wrong) for SORTING products in listings and how the switches control all the different sorting options. I gave up after about a half hour of trying to figure out one single switch. I might look at learning about sorting next year, 2011, maybe next summer. Seriously, it seems that daunting sometimes to start trying to figure out another area of the controls.

Sour grapes, sorry, I like the program Zen Cart, just not what seems to be the unnecessary time investment to undertsand basic things that could be explained a little better from within the program. But hey, it was free and I could always buy the Zen Cart book, just like we do with lots of software. No worries.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Button and Product Image Status

The following two fields work together to render the Previous and Next links:

• Previous Next - Button and Image Status
    • Previous Next - Button and Image Settings

If "Previous Next - Button and Image Status" is set to Off, then only buttons will be displayed regardless of the "Previous Next - Button and Image Settings" value.

If "Previous Next - Button and Image Status" is set to On, then the Product Info page will display the previous and next links depending on the "Previous Next - Button and Image Settings" value as follows:

• 0 = Only buttons will be shown
    • 1 = Buttons and images will be shown
    • 2 = Only Images will be shown

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Button and Product Image Status

Thank you for your thoughtful response, Canopy. It's clear now and explains why flipping Status had no effect when Settings was on Button Only.

I noticed that Previous Next - Navigation Bar Position is also a master switch, i.e., it has to be off to completely turn off Prev/Next.

Regarding Status and Settings, sorta begs the questions doesn't it... why bother w/ the Status switch at all (?), since Settings can control -- by itself -- the three settings in question (so long as Nav Bar is not off). Status seems 100% redundant, unless a person simply gets a kick out of having a totally extraneous master switch, i.e., always leaving Settings on 1 or 2 and flipping Status off to make Button Only. But in that same scenario, it's just as easy to flip Settings to 0 to make Button Only, so would not need Status in the Admin at all.

Unless, of course, I'm missing something. Been known to happen. :)