Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default quantity update button in the cart - not saving changes

Hi all,

I have a very simple site and am running into a weird problem (may be a bug but is likely a self-inflicted wound somewhere). I have looked all over the boards and can not find a similar issue - so I must have done this to my self.

www.healingrituals.com/cart

when adding services into the cart from the product list pages - everything is hunky dory

when trying to change the quantity of a service from the cart - it does not save the changes - it reverts back to the original number.

Also when adding items from the product_info pages it will take you to the cart but does not add what you selected (this is true of whether I opt to allow quantity to be set on the product_info pages or not).

Does anyone have any ideas where to look?

Thanks.

Carl

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: quantity update button in the cart - not saving changes

I checked the above website and I see that I am having a similar problem.

Once I click on a product to buy it, I am taken to the shopping cart page.

On My test site, http://www.gokaraokemachine.com/wampcopytest there is an actual box with the quantity number inside the box. When you hover over the refresh arrows, the image's "alt" tag tells you:
    Change your quantity by highlighting the number in the box, correcting the quantity, and checking this button.
    This message only makes sense because there is a box, and the quantity number can be changed in that box.

On both Carl7081's site and my actual site at http://www.gokaraokemachine.com, there is no box, only a quantity that cannot be changed.

How does one make the quantity box appear so that the quantity actually can be changed?

I have a related question at http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...light=notageek. That particular question was in reference to a different page of my cart, the product listing page. The disappearance of the quantity box that allows a product number change seems systemic in my case.

Thanks for any input.

Notageek

Plugin Contributions

Edit one of your Products where you do not have the Quantity box showing ...

What setting are you using for:
    Products Quantity Box Shows: Yes, Show Quantity Box No, Do not show Quantity Box
    Make sure it is set to YES ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Ajeh, Thanks for responding. I have been going through the menus and trying to identify what controls the shopping cart and all listing Add to Cart type quantity box (not referable to quantity in stock).

I suppose this is where that Zen Cart book might come in handy. There are so many possibilities I have been unable to identify the right one. I think the Admin>Configuration>Product Listing>Display Product Add to Cart Button should work, or perhaps the Admin>Configuration?Product Listing>Display Product Price/Add to Cart might work. So far, I have been unable to identify the right choice. In comparing to my test cart, which displays the Add to Cart quantity box on the shopping and category all listing pages, it is a long process that so far hasn't yielded an answer.

I will check back when I have it sorted.

Notageek

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the reply Ajeh. On my site, I did purposefully set the show quantity to off because of the bug I was facing. With that bug, the show quantity was on and you could specify additional quantities but when you tried to save the cart (or refresh the quantities) it would revert back to the previous number. I have no idea where this is coming from and if someone could point me to the right file, I would appreciate it.

You can still recreate the on my site http://healingrituals.com/cart in a slightly different way. add something to the cart from the product list, then click on the items link once it is in the shopping cart. This will take you to the product info page (i have disabled the link to the product info page from the product list page to avoid this bug). from the product info page you will can "add to cart". It will not actually add the item to the cart or increment the number of products you have. This works fine from the "buy now" on the product list pages. So somewhere I must of messed something up - i just don't have the first clue as to where...

Thanks,

Carl

Plugin Contributions

Carl7081,

I am not sure what your problem is. I pressed "Buy Now," and it added 1 item to the cart; I pressed the item and was taken to the product; when I then pressed "Add to Cart" it stated it was added to the cart.

Perhaps your point is that it should have added a second item to the cart, but the quantity stays at 1.

Is that your point? (I would not know how to fix that, but I'm just trying to isolate what you are asking.)

Notageek

Plugin Contributions

Product listing, in the admin configuration menu, controls things in the page that lists all products in a category:

Product info, in the admin configuration menu, controls things in the product page.

But what controls things on the shopping cart page? That is where I would like a quantity box to show instead of an inactive number of products.

Unlike Carl's quantity box, mine does keep adding to the number of products if I return to the product and add it again. But I would like to be able to change the product number while in the shopping cart.

Notageek

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The buttons on the shopping cart are controlled by switches in Admin->Configuration->Stock

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Dr. Byte,

Thanks for the information. It seems there is no control on the stock page to make the "Add to Cart" quantity box show.

So the quantity number is there, and not subject to change from the shipping page on my and Carl's cart.

This makes the "alt" tag on the refresh arrows, which instructs to change the number and refresh the page, nonsensical.

I would rather have the active quantity box than just delete the refresh arrows. Am I missing a configuration item, or is this done with code?

How this error happened in my case: I have a test cart set up just as the real cart is set up, basically, with the main difference being the test cart had been fully populated by Easy Populate 1.2.5.4 before using Easy Populate Advanced 3.0.3, and the real cart had most of its products populated from scratch by 3.0.3. In the real cart I had to fix the "min/max quantity" yellow box error on the shipping page, discussed in the EP Advanced forum, by adding extra columns, but that didn't bring back the quantity box.

However, since this error was incurred by Carl, I felt it was worth investigating here, and am hoping there is a way to solve it. (The EP Advanced forum doesn't allow me to post a question, as the forum passwords they give never work, although my password to the knowledge base works.)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

There's no "add to cart" button on the shopping cart page. The 'add to cart' capability is controlled by the settings in the actual product's page in your admin. Edit that product's settings and set whether there's a quantity button to be displayed, and what the min quantity is, etc.
    Also, certain product-types are set to not allow add-to-cart, such as Document-General products, since they're not meant to be purchased at all ... as such there will be no add-to-cart button for them.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast