Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Whoops your session has timed out problem for me (Amazon Payments problem)

First I have gone through and read all the other threads about this problem and tried multiple fixes suggested. My SSL certificate matches, my domain name and I HAVE tried ordering with SSL disabled too with no difference.

I am using the most recent zencart ( 1.3.9g) and the most recent Checkout by Amazon module

I THINK the issue comes down to writting the session/cache info for the store. I have tried testing using database (db) for the cache And file cache and an interesting thing here is NO record ever gets created in the database when I order something.

I have this in my amazon checkout configuration

https://mydomain.com/store/index.php...eckout_success

as well as the same set in the Seller central section of the amazon payments website.

this is my configure.php code in the includes folder and likewise in the admin/includes folder:

Code:
      define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://mydomain.com');
      define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://mydomain.com');
      define('ENABLE_SSL', 'true');

define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false'); // use persistent connections?
      define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'db'); // use 'db' for best support, or '' for file-based storage

define('SQL_CACHE_METHOD', 'database'); 
      define('DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE', '/home/MYUSERNAME/public_html/demo/cache');
    and yes i have the sessions folder set in my ZC admin to

/home/MYUSERNAME/public_html/demo/cache

I tried testing without DB cache (set it to use file) and a session file DOES get created, but the same effect, session timeout when i return from amazon checkout.

please any other ideas?? i would love some help here.

thanks

John
    Last edited by ethical; 25 Oct 2010 at 04:56 PM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Whoops your session has timed out problem for me

What if you use a built-in payment module, such as something like the Check/MoneyOrder module?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Well I could do that but it kind of defeats the purpose of the test since you have to login to the store in order to use one of those methods but to answer your question it works fine if I LOGIN and order using credit card partly because a, i am logged in, and also i guess because i am not leaving the site to make payment?

the amazon module works without the user having to login to the store, which is the point of it to make it easy for users to order..

thanks

John

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Understood. And, since it's trying to do something that Zen Cart's not yet built to do, I'm not surprised that you may run into problems.

Maybe the Amazon folks have some answers for your particular problem?
    They *do* have a support thread for issues specific to their module ... and, since your problem is directly related to that, that's the place to interact with them about that problem.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Whoops your session has timed out problem for me (Amazon Payments problem)

ok thanks, but there is no reply from my other posts in that thread about other issues seems liek the helper is gone.... I will post it there too....

are you able to tell me when a session gets created, is it only after someone logs in? of course if thats the case I guess this will never work? I posted on their seller central help forum already, I will try here too.

thanks

John

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Whoops your session has timed out problem for me (Amazon Payments problem)

Quote Originally Posted by ethical View Post
    are you able to tell me when a session gets created, is it only after someone logs in?
    No, a session is first created when you click to visit the site.

Plugin Contributions

hmmm so this goes back to my question of why the cart is not creating anything in the db_cache table of the database, should there not be something set in there when the user visits the store creating the session?

is there any troubleshooting for this issue you can point me to?

thanks!

John

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

db_cache is for sql caching, not sessions.

Plugin Contributions

thats confusing then so what is this setting:

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'db'); // use 'db' for best support, or '' for file-based storage

is that not for storing sessions? if not where do the sessions get stored, only in the cache folder?

John

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

the "sessions" table is where session data is stored. db_cache is for storing database sql caching stuff. They're entirely different animals.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast