Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1.3.9g -> 1.3.9h upgrade

Anyone find a solution other than reverting back to 1.3.9g?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Get Em Fast View Post
    In post #21 nickgreaves posted "Database Patch Level: 1.3.9a".
    Could that have anything to do with his problem, as his database isn't 1.3.9g, while he's trying to upgrade from 'g' to 'h'?
    I mean, if he had a "working 1.3.9g", shouldn't the database reflect that?
    Just a question..................
    Quote Originally Posted by nickgreaves View Post
    I don't think there have been any changes to the database structure since 1.3.9a. Certainly it was working fine with 1.3.9g so unless there has been a change between g and h (which isn't mentioned in the release notes), I doubt if this is the issue.

Regards

Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by Get Em Fast View Post
    Yea, I know the docs say that there has been no database changes since "a", but I was thinking maybe something in the files just disagreed with "a". But, I know you're right.......I'm thinking that too, but I've seen stranger things happen, ya know?

Like I say though, it was just a question.......I already knew the answer before I posted, but curiosity made me post it anyway........haha.....that killed the cat, didn't it?
    There is no change to the database revision level between 1.3.9 releases. As far as database revision goes, the letter simply indicates which version was used when first upgrading to 1.3.9xx.

As such, as suggested, it's *not* a related factor.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Yea.......didn't really think so, but wanted to clarify. Thanks, Doc.
    Teach them to shop and they will shop today;
    Teach them to Zen and they will OWN a shop tomorrow!

Plugin Contributions

Got the same problem as the OP, can't see my new customers

Plugin Contributions

This is an odd issue. Did anyone try to compare the files between the 2 versions that are related to the links affected???

Maybe turning on the error logging might record log an error.

Plugin Contributions

I incurred this problem as well:

Now, if I log into admin and attempt to edit a product, I find that its Product Name, Product Description and Products Model fields are blank.
    I first incurred it when I tested out a download with 1.3.9g using Easy Populate Advanced 3.0.3, for the Music Product Type. I assumed it was related to the Music Product Type, as I believe I had success downloading the General Product Type, as far as continuing to see the product name and description in the Admin-editable product screen.

But after upgrading to 1.3.9h, I now do not see my products in the Admin-editable product screen for the general product type, either.

I was beginning to think I had just not noticed before that the general type product was blank, but since viewing this message, I believe I had indeed checked that and it was working for the general product type.

I hope this information is a clue for solving this problem, if someone knowledgeable can make some sense of it. I will be forced to return to 1.2.5.4 Easy Populate to avoid this, but I can see that Easy Populate Advanced 3.0.3 is a really strong program that could be a great assist, as helpful for 2nd language sites as 1.2.5.4, if 3.0.3 didn't have this glitch; and since this problem has not come up in any of the 3.0.3 discussions, maybe it was new for the music product type in as of one of the 1.3.9 updates. I didn't start using 3.0.3 until version g.

Notageek

Related posts:

See my post: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...otageek&page=2.

A version of this problem seems occurring as described in my Post #73, here, http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...otageek&page=8. See Paragraph 3 of Post #73 where it describes that I had blank descriptions in the Admin-editable product screen, but the descriptions show in the cart.

I hope this information sheds some light on this blank Admin product screen problem.

Notageek

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Now, if I log into admin and attempt to edit a product, I find that its Product Name, Product Description and Products Model fields are blank.

The same applies if I create a new product and then edit it.

The Product Name and Product Model are correctly shown in the list of products for any category and all information is correctly shown within the normal customer view of products.
    OK, some additional information:

1. On the admin home page, under "New Customers" only the dates are shown. The customer names are missing.

2. On orders, all of the address information is missing.
    Okay, this appears to be a PHP version conflict. Older versions of PHP are croaking on the use of a parameter added only in newer versions.
    Stay tuned for a patch ...

Update:
    NOTE: SOLUTION POSTED HERE: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...64&postcount=6
    Last edited by DrByte; 31 Oct 2010 at 01:16 AM. Reason: updated

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by notageek View Post
    I first incurred it when I tested out a download with 1.3.9g using Easy Populate Advanced 3.0.3, for the Music Product Type. I assumed it was related to the Music Product Type, as I believe I had success downloading the General Product Type, as far as continuing to see the product name and description in the Admin-editable product screen.
    I don't see how this thread's main issue has anything to do with EasyPopulate.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1.3.9h - customers don't display on home page, and prod name/model don't show in

Reply accepted as "same symptom, different circumstances - module involved."

In case it eventually would appear relevant, my host's php version is 5.1.6 although 5.2.13 is offered on another server, FYI.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Okay, this appears to be a PHP version conflict. Older versions of PHP are croaking on the use of a parameter added only in newer versions.
    Stay tuned for a patch ...
    What PHP version(s) will 1.3.9h work with as is? Looks like the latest in general use are 5.2.14 and 5.3.3.

Should I be asking my ISP to upgrade the version on their server?

Regards

Nick

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast