Plugin Contributions

Default Transferring Categories/Products?

Is there a way that I can transfer the products and categories from one subdomain to another?

Here is the situation... I have zencart installed on a subdomain of my website. Recently it got extremely slow to load. Like more than 3 minutes sometimes. The main domain loads fine and fast. I have been advised that there is some kind of conflict (loop?) that is causing this. The confusing thing is, I haven't changed anything in the code lately and the problem has only happened recently. Anyway, while I try to sort this problem out, I want to set up an alternate ordering section for my customers who don't want to wait for those pages to load.

I figured I would do a fresh install of zencart into a different subdomain. My biggest problem is that I have around 500 products. I really don't want to or even have the time to spend trying to copy/paste all the info over to set up new product listings and reupload all the pictures.

Is there a way to transfer the categories and products over from the one subdomain to the new one? For example is there a way that I can download files from somewhere off the website, onto my computer and then upload them again into the new zencart?

Thanks in advance for any and all help or advice.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Transferring Categories/Products?

You can export your database using phpMyAdmin from your control panel (NOT Zen Cart's admin) and then import it to the new database also using phpMyAdmin.
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Taking over the world... one website at a time
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

Hey, Thanks! I was unfamiliar with this. (I don't really know too much about this stuff and have just figured it out as I went along) It was pretty easy to figure out how to do, once you pointed me in the right direction though. Perfect solution! Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Okay I downloaded the sqls and when I tried to upload them to the new subdomain I got this message:
    "SQL query:

--
    -- Dumping data for table `zen_address_format`
    --
    INSERT INTO `zen_address_format` ( `address_format_id` , `address_format` , `address_summary` )
    VALUES ( 1, '$firstname $lastname$cr$streets$cr$city, $postcode$cr$statecomma$country', '$city / $country' ) , ( 2, '$firstname $lastname$cr$streets$cr$city, $state $postcode$cr$country', '$city, $state / $country' ) , ( 3, '$firstname $lastname$cr$streets$cr$city$cr$postcode - $statecomma$country', '$state / $country' ) , ( 4, '$firstname $lastname$cr$streets$cr$city ($postcode)$cr$country', '$postcode / $country' ) , ( 5, '$firstname $lastname$cr$streets$cr$postcode $city$cr$country', '$city / $country' ) , ( 6, '$firstname $lastname$cr$streets$cr$city$cr$state$cr$postcode$cr$country', '$postcode / $country' ) ;

MySQL said:

#1062 - Duplicate entry '1' for key 1"

Is there a way to fix this or get around it?