Default Per item handling charge for one category?

Hi, all.

I have cloned table rate shipping modules set up and they work just like I want for one category of products (swimsuits).

Now I have another category of products (hookahs) and I would like to charge a flat 10.00 per hookah shipping/handling fee in addition to the table rates.

I realize the easiest solution would be to just add 10.00 to each hookah's price, but I need this fee to show up on the invoice.

Ideally, the invoice would show the product price, the rate selected by the customer from the table shipping modules, and an additional 10.00 handling fee per hookah.

Here is a link to the site - cosmickips.com. I have password protection on it so please use "sandbox" for the user name and "sandbox" for the password.

I am almost ready to go live and I am very excited. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Per item handling charge for one category?

What happens on an order with Products from both categories?

On your Table Rate table shipping module, what are you using? Weight, Item or Price?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    What happens on an order with Products from both categories?

On your Table Rate table shipping module, what are you using? Weight, Item or Price?
    Item. I have 3 table rate clones set up like this:

Regular Up to 6 items $ 8.95, 7 + items $ 11.95
    Priority Up to 6 items $ 14.90, 7 + items $ 23.90
    Express Up to 6 items $ 23.00, 7 + items $ 39.00

If they have no hookahs in their order, this is fine, they can choose from those 3 shipping options.

If they have hookahs in their order, I would like to add a 10.00 handling fee per hookah, in addition to them choosing one of the 3 shipping options.

Plugin Contributions

What you can do is calculate how many you have:
    Code:
    global $cart;
    $chk_hookla_cat_19 = $_SESSION['cart']->in_cart_check('master_categories_id','19');
    $chk_hookla_cat_20 = $_SESSION['cart']->in_cart_check('master_categories_id','20');
    $chk_hookla_cat_21 = $_SESSION['cart']->in_cart_check('master_categories_id','21');

$extra_hookla_charge = ($chk_hookla_cat_19 + $chk_hookla_cat_20 $chk_hookla_cat_21) * 10;
    Then add the:
    $extra_hookla_charge

to where you see the cost calculated for the shipping ...

You can add additional checks for the hookla categories using this method ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

That is above my skill level, I believe, but I think I'm getting a glimmer of understanding.

Please let me know if I am understanding this right.

I am creating a variable ($chk_hookla_cat_19) and then checking the shopping cart to see if there are any products from that category. My new variable now contains the number of products in the shopping cart from that category.

I do this for all 3 categories of hookahs, add them, then multiply by my handling fee.

My final hookah handling fee is now in the variable $extra_hookah_charge.

Now I add this variable to where I see the shipping cost calculated, along with the necessary text "Hookah Handling Fee" or something similar.

Could you please advise me as to which files I would need to modify with this code to achieve this?

Thank you very much for your help.

Plugin Contributions

You should see code similar to:
    Code:
        $this->quotes = array('id' => $this->code,
        'module' => MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE_TEXT_TITLE . $show_box_weight,
        'methods' => array(array('id' => $this->code,
        'title' => MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE_TEXT_WAY,
        'cost' => $shipping + (MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE_HANDLING_METHOD == 'Box' ? MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE_HANDLING * $shipping_num_boxes : MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE_HANDLING) ) ));
    Put the new code above it and you want to add that final total to the cost:
    Code:
        $this->quotes = array('id' => $this->code,
        'module' => MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE_TEXT_TITLE . $show_box_weight,
        'methods' => array(array('id' => $this->code,
        'title' => MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE_TEXT_WAY,
        'cost' => $extra_hookah_charge + $shipping + (MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE_HANDLING_METHOD == 'Box' ? MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE_HANDLING * $shipping_num_boxes : MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE_HANDLING) ) ));
    Linda McGrath

Excellent. Thank you very much, that did the trick. Now I just add that code to the other two shipping clones and I'm on my way.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update that this can work for you ...
    Linda McGrath

Thank you Ajeh,
    This information allows me to charge a separate crating fee for each category. I have it setup for 14 categories on two shipping modules, UPS and R+L Carriers.

Thinks so much,
    FtroopDad

Plugin Contributions

You are most welcome ... thanks for the update that this was able to help you ...
    Linda McGrath