Plugin Contributions

Default Switched to LinkPoint/FirstData and module is gone.

ZenCart: 1.3.9f (upgrading this weekend)
    Gateway: FirstData/Linkpoint/YourPay API

Problem: After installing the LinkPoint module, the credit card option is no longer visible in checkout.

Our account for FirstData was approved on Tuesday and I am trying to setup the Gateway today. I have installed the module, the PEM Cert, disabled the payment module we were using and enabled the new Linkpoint module.

I have a "green light" on the Linkpoint line and I have tried all three settings of Live, Testing Successful and Testing Decline and in all cases the fields to enter the credit card name and numbers is still missing.

Any suggestions?

Thank you for your assistance.

Kim

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Switched to LinkPoint/FirstData and module is gone.

Ok, I am still searching for a reason why this is not working and I am coming up with nothing. I found the following on Zen Cart's site...

My Payment Methods aren't showing up during checkout

During checkout, if your payment methods aren't showing up, go into Admin> Modules> Payment and check:

1. Is the payment module Installed? If not, click the Install button on the right-hand infobox.

2. Is it enabled? Some payment modules allow you to turn them on or off by clicking the Edit button and setting the status to true/false, on/off, etc.

3. Do you have any Zones associated with this payment module? If so, then likely by removing the Zone configuration from the payment module will allow you to use it during checkout.

To properly configure zones with payment modules requires that you create zones to fully match the zones to your customers' addresses. Always be sure to have at least one payment method WITHOUT any zones added to it, or else there will be customers who cannot go through checkout ... and then you'll lose a sale!
    YES, the payment module is installed.
    YES, it is enabled.
    We are not using zones; a person can order from any state or country.

PLEASE, if you can help me, I would greatly appreciate it. I have taken the store down because we would like to use this new credit card processing gateway (FirstData) before we start a sale that is supposed to start in two hours.

Thanks,

Kim

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Switched to LinkPoint/FirstData and module is gone.

Upgrading from what version? If you switch to the Classic template do you still have the same problem? Are you using *any* addons that modify the stock checkout flow?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Kim,

Thank you for your reply. I was just coming back to post because I figured out the problem. I guess I didnt realize that if there were two payment modules with the same sort number that neither of them would show up... EVEN if one of them was disabled.

The module I was using was still installed but was disabled. It too was listed with a 0 sort. When I changed the sort of the one I was no longer using, the new Linkpoint module worked.

I am so sorry to bother everyone. I had no idea that the module would not show up if they were sharing the same sort code when one was disabled.

Thank you for everyone's hard work.

Kim

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Upgrading from what version? If you switch to the Classic template do you still have the same problem? Are you using *any* addons that modify the stock checkout flow?
    I wanted to mention that I have 1.3.9f now.. I was planning on upgrading to 1.3.9h this weekend. I tried to do it tonight, but I was confused by the process. It was very involved when I upgraded from 1.3.8a to 1.3.9f and I was wondering if the process will be the same to go from version "f" to version "h."

Thanks again,

Kim

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

As per the documentation in the /docs/ folder, you'll see that you simply need to apply the updated files from f to g and then the updates from g to h.
    We've kept the upgrade very simple between lettered releases.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    As per the documentation in the /docs/ folder, you'll see that you simply need to apply the updated files from f to g and then the updates from g to h.
    We've kept the upgrade very simple between lettered releases.
    I looked there and read through the info but I am not seeing how I tell which files have changed. Do I have to go in there and run that WinMerge so I can compare the new h release with the f release I have installed? I actually did that... I had the new h version on the left side and my current store on the right. Does that mean I just upload all the files on the left that are different? Do you post only those files that are different from previous versions?

Thanks,

Kim

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Look in the /docs/ folder.
    Do you see all the 15 or so files named "changelog-xxxxxx.html". Those contain the lists of changed files between each version. I'm not sure how you could miss them.
    There's even an index.html file that explains what each file in that folder is about, with clickable links to each one for your convenience.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry I have been such a bother. I just figured out last night that my scroll wheel on my mouse was only taking pages down about half way. I only noticed it because I was on a page that I had been working on and I knew how much information was on the page.

No wonder you were getting ticked.