Plugin Contributions

Default Canada Post Shipping Module with Dimension "Item is too large to be packed" error

Hi,

I have installed the Canada Post Shipping Module mod and everything works as expected except for one particular problem:

When I tried to get a quote (through Checkout) with the following box dimension:
    30cm x 20cm x 5cm, I got the "Item is too large to be packed" error. When I reduced the length from 30cm to 25cm, I got the correct shipping quote from Canada Post server.

Here is what I have done:

1. Make sure default dimension unit is set to "cm".
    2. Confirmed Canadapost.php did send out the current dimension (i.e. 30x20x5).
    3. Checked and double checked the Sell Online Shipping Module Architecture and Implementation guide to make sure the above box is less than Max allowed dimensions.
    4. Checked my seller profile on Canada Post's server but didn't see anything wrong.
    5. Have double checked my Shipping Module installation.

What else should I check?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Canada Post Shipping Module with Dimension "Item is too large to be packed" error

Quote Originally Posted by asic28
    I got the "Item is too large to be packed" error.
    That error is coming back from Canada Post after the module sends the dimensions to CP for quotation.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Canada Post Shipping Module with Dimension "Item is too large to be packed" error

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte
    That error is coming back from Canada Post after the module sends the dimensions to CP for quotation.
    Thanks DrByte, I did confirm the message came back from CP's server. I will check with Canada Post next week.

Plugin Contributions

how did u get an ID from canada post?
    when i sent the message to them, they told me to call a number
    but i accidently deleted the message

can anyone tell me the steps??
    thx

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nailsquare
    how did u get an ID from canada post?
    when i sent the message to them, they told me to call a number
    but i accidently deleted the message

can anyone tell me the steps??
    thx
    I just emailed them. The email address I used was sellonline AT canadapost DOT ca. If you don't already have a VentureOne card, you may have to apply for one first. When I emailed them, they asked for my VentureOne number.

You may want to start from here: http://206.191.4.228/DevelopersResources/

Good luck.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks DrByte, I did confirm the message came back from CP's server. I will check with Canada Post next week.
    CP told me that the item I tried to ship is exactly the same size as the box I used to ship the item. In other words, as an example the item is 30cm x 25cm x 5cm and the box is exactly the same size.

Does the CP shipping module actually transmits to CP's Server both the item dimension AND the shipping box dimension? If this is the case, where can I change the shipping box's dimension in Zencart?

Thx.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

It sends the dimensions you set for the product in the admin. Only one set of dimensions.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte
    It sends the dimensions you set for the product in the admin. Only one set of dimensions.
    Thanks DrByte. Problem solved.

I was careless to assume that CP's Server already knows the maximum box dimensions allowed, but I was wrong. We need to manually ADD or modify the Dummy box setup in Sellonline profile to ensure the largest box in the profile can accommodate the largest item(s) we want to ship.

Thx.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

We need to manually ADD or modify the Dummy box setup in Sellonline profile to ensure the largest box in the profile can accommodate the largest item(s) we want to ship.
    Great ! Thanks for sharing the details.... hopefully it will help someone else avoid the same pitfall in the future.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    ...hopefully it will help someone else avoid the same pitfall in the future.
    It did just help me. And I'd like to correct the email link from an earlier post. The link to developer's resources should be this:

http://sellonline.canadapost.ca/DevelopersResources