Plugin Contributions

Default Tax not shown when registering

I am having a quite strange problem. When a new customer registers the prices are shown without tax. But when the user does checkout the taxes are added. Also tax is included in the price while not logged in. And after logout/login the price includes tax.

How can this be? Where do I look to correct this?

I have 1.3.8a and I have applied all patches. Addons installed are stock by attributes, ask and dynamic dropdowns.

I want to emphasize that only when a new user registers the tax is missing during that session only (except on checkout). In all other situations tax is shown as it should.

I tried to search for similar threads but was unable to find one.

Thanks in advance

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Tax not shown when registering

I believe this is actually due to an observer I have added

In my observer I change the entry zone of the registered person and maybe I should update something so that Zen-cart knows this change has occurred. But what?? And how??

Plugin Contributions

I realized that the customer actually was registered as a customer outside my shops zone causing the prices to be shown without tax as it's suppose to be. I had to do some digging by my self and found that firstly I was using wrong notifier in my observer. I changed the notifier and then changed $_SESSION['customer_zone_id'] = $zone_id to correspond to the change I've made. This fixed the problem I had.

It was my first observer so next time I know better

Plugin Contributions

I´m happy that you solved your problem. My problem is still there...I have only ONE tax-zone just for Sweden...and when a customer logs on to the webshop, all the taxes goes POFF! When the customer logs off....the taxes is back and evertything looks normal. I think I'm about to give up on Zen-cart...no one seems to have an answer to this problem. :-( Especially me!

Plugin Contributions

Do you mean that every time a customer logs in the taxes are not included? Even for returning customers? I think I had that kind of problem my self at some point and it has something to do with how you define the taxes and other settings also. I can not remember what I did when I had a similar problem but I think I went through all settings and if I remember correctly I removed all tax settings and went through all tax related settings and then redefined the taxes.

I have also only one tax class in the shop. But the reason I created the observer was that I did not want to ask the customer for the zone since it has no impact in the shop. The main thing is that the customer has to be in Finland. I do not deliver outside Finland.

If you are not using the zones I think that it is the reason for your missing taxes while checked in. I am not sure but while writing this I started to kind of remember that it was the problem in my case in the first place :) And as said I do not ask the entry zone thus leaving it empty and after registration I needed to set the zone to a value. This is when I decided to wrote the observer.

In short I think that you need to have zones to make the taxes work correctly :)