Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

red flag Entire store is blank (PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end)

I am having a similar, but worse, problem. My entire store is blank. Every page. Logic tells me that the issue lies in my index.php or one of the primary templates, but I don't know PHP at all, so even looking at them, I would not know what I was looking at. I've just been stumbling along with a basic HTML knowledge and a LOT of reading here. :)

I had many changes to make last night, and while I always keep a mirror offline, it occurred to me that it's been a long time since I'd done a full server>local backup, so I did one. Then I made numerous changes to numerous files and locations, and let Filezilla re-upload the entire thing using the "Overwrite only if newer" selection.

I tried everything in the tutorial suggested earlier in this thread, but 1. my admin area is all blank, too, and 2. creating am /includes/local/configure.php file, as directed, changes nothing. Everything is still blank.

My suspicion is that something got lost last night in the server>local backup... trying to copy too many files at once. I tried copying one folder from local>server at a time today, but I think the damage already occured.

I'm at a complete loss.

My store is at: http://www.scrapconcepts.com/store/

Since it's faster than a redirect and provides another type of backup, I also have a straight HTML copy of what the store's index.php used to look like at http://www.scrapconcepts.com/

I've searched this forum quite a bit, but all responses so far only offer the tutorial with steps that I've already tried.

Thank you for any help.
    Last edited by SusieQ228; 4 Nov 2010 at 06:48 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Blank new products page

If using v1.3.9 ... what debug log messages do you see in /cache directory?

If using an older Zen Cart, you could get from the Free Software Add Ons the:
    Debug Tool

and install that then trigger the error and see what comes up as the problem ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Entire store is blank

I'm using v1.3.9.

The most current files in cache and docs are a few weeks old, so I didn't think they'd be relevent?

I'll try downloading the tool, thank you. I misread, I guess, and thought it would just add the module that's already in my admin section, which I can't see...

Plugin Contributions

If you are using v1.3.9 ... do NOT install the Debug Tool ... it is already built into v1.3.9 ...

When checking the files in the:
    /cache

directory, be sure that you refresh ...

If you have old *.log files ... delete them all and then trigger the error again and refresh the directory to see if anything shows ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

That didn't work. I renamed the original debug tool with an "OLD" prefix and installed the new one. That worked.

It found this error: [04-Nov-2010 18:54:09] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/cmmconce/public_html/scrapconcepts/store/includes/functions/functions_email.php on line 654

Seems weird that that would bring the whole site down, but I'll go look and see if I can see what the problem is. It's still Greek to me so far. :)

Obvious to anyone else what the above means?

Thank you, again.

Plugin Contributions

Looks like the file just stops abruptly at line 644...

Perhaps as part of an issue when copying from server>local as the original tutorial suggests?

Still leaves me completely stymied regarding how to fix or replace. :)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You'll need to use your FTP program to upload a clean copy of that file to your server.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Entire store is blank (PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end)

Where can I find a clean copy? My backup is messed up now, too.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Entire store is blank (PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end)

You can find a link to download all versions of Zen Cart on the home page of www.zen-cart.com

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I thought that was a full re-install. I didn't realize you could pull specific pages.

Thank you both very much for all of the help. I thought I was going to wind up completely rebuilding the whole thing. :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast