Plugin Contributions

Default Help please, Want a completely diff look

Im using v1.3.9
    Ive just installed it and been looking around for templates to modify but Im really stuck with it. I was going to use one of the templates on this site but they have side boxes and other things installed into them already, plus there is so much in zen that its hard to know what to do when making my own layout.

This is an image of what i want it to look like http://i52.tinypic.com/33yt5s1.png

its on a white background but thats as it has no background and its in png form I plan to have a colourful background behind also.

The top bit is basically the header and then the links to each page just underneath, then the content but Im using cutenews for it so i want it to be for that only and then the bottom part is extra links.

as you can see its completley different to what a zen template looks like so if you can help please do thanx

Link to my site - http://monster.starszz.com/zencart/

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help please, Want a completely diff look

First, CuteNews seems to be some sort of CMS that uses a flatfile database, so you won't be able to use it with Zencart.

You will be able to make your Zencart site look like your image, but you have a lot of stuff to learn about Zencart and CSS first.

1. Read through the Tutorials/FAQ section

2. Browse through the Admin area to see what is done there (including turning sideboxes on and off).

3. Install the Firefox browser and the Web Developer plugin for Firefox. You can use those to see where in the stylesheet you change the styling of the various page elements.

Ctrl-Shift-Y will allow you to hover over a section of the page and see the class and id names for that section in the box at the top. The statements in the stylesheet that begin with # are id's and the ones that begin with dots are classes.

Ctrl-Shift-E will open the CSS editor and allow you to edit the stylesheet and see the changes in real time without changing anything permanently. An essential tool.

Some prefer Firebug, which does much the same thing.