Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default My Paypall Express Won't Aceept Credit Cards?

I just upgraded to the new 1.3.9H version of zencart and switched my payment module to paypal express. During testing I found that I can purchase via paypal no problem, but if I try to purchase with a credit card without setting up an account it fails every time. I get a "The card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit or debit card number." error. I have used numerous cards on different computers and browsers all with the same problem. I called paypal and they said that my transactions were suspicious so they were denied. They couldn't give me any more details than that. I know my credit cards are good and so is the information. Has anyone seen this error before or know how to resolve it? Paypal has been less than helpful so I'm hoping you guys can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance...

web URL if needed is:

http://www.smarthomeconceptsshc.com/products/

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypall Express Won't Aceept Credit Cards

I just changed back to the Paypal standard module, and I still cannot check out without a Paypal account. I looked for the option to accept payments from people without an account and it isn't there. I have already lost 3 sales today (I can see the logs come in via e-mail) because of this. PLEASE HELP!

Plugin Contributions

Update: Went back to 1.3.9f and tested both regular and express. same issue on both. Will accept payment from Paypal users but not accounts without paypal

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: My Paypall Express Won't Aceept Credit Cards?

Quote Originally Posted by SmartHomeConcepts View Post
    I called paypal and they said that my transactions were suspicious so they were denied.
    I'm trying to figure out what you think we're going to tell you that's different.
    Have you asked PayPal to tell you *what* about the transactions appears suspicious?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I just changed back to the Paypal standard module, and I still cannot check out without a Paypal account. I looked for the option to accept payments from people without an account and it isn't there. I have already lost 3 sales today (I can see the logs come in via e-mail) because of this. PLEASE HELP!
    Update: Went back to 1.3.9f and tested both regular and express. same issue on both. Will accept payment from Paypal users but not accounts without paypal
    Seems like the problem is with something between you and PayPal.
    You'll need to sort that out with them.

There's nothing we can really do when the rejecting is happening on their systems (or worse, if the bank is rejecting it and PayPal is just telling you about it).

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I guess I was just hoping someone else had this same problem and could point in the right direction with paypal. They can't tell me why the transactions are failing and just say the transaction is being flagged as suspicious. The odd thing is that it is EVERY transaction. I escalated the ticket last night and will test again this morning. I thought maybe it was a configuration issue or just something simple. I'll keep you all posted.

Plugin Contributions

I guess I was just hoping someone else had this same problem and could point in the right direction with paypal. They can't tell me why the transactions are failing and just say the transaction is being flagged as suspicious. The odd thing is that it is EVERY transaction. I escalated the ticket last night and will test again this morning. I thought maybe it was a configuration issue or just something simple. I'll keep you all posted.
    Happened to me during testing, too. Searching the net reveals that this is a very common problem; PayPal has a set of criteria that they use to flag what they call "suspicious" transactions, and it often has nothing to do with credit limits, etc. But they're not talking on what their criteria is. The thought is that after a couple of transactions on cards that have been associated to a PayPal account, they disallow the "continue without logging in" transactions, which is my case. Once it starts occurring, I can't get rid of it until I delete my ZC test account (don't know why this would work, unless there is a transaction ID from a previous purchase in play between the two systems), or try to associate a different card to the account.

I'm also experiencing shipping tax reporting issues in PPE that I guess I'm having to live with.

Overall, I'm pretty disillusioned with PayPal Express at this point.

Plugin Contributions

Unfortunately this happens to me as well as my customers. It has nothing to do with my test accounts. I tried to switch to paypal pro, but they wanted to hold a "rolling reserve" of 20% of each transaction for 90 days. Obviously when my markup is only 25 percent by the time they take their payments and then hold 20 percent for 90 days I lose money every sale. I had to scratch that idea as well. Now I'm back to searching for a decent merchant account to go with.... I can't wait to get something that I can use to get rid of PayPal with.

Plugin Contributions

I am having the same problems, Paypal express does not
    accept customers credit cards but accpet payment from paypal
    users. Any1 resolved this issue ?

Plugin Contributions

Gunni,

After months of problems with the paypal support, I got desperate and signed up for Pay Pal pro for 30 dollars a month. They upgraded my account, but I never finished the setup process and canceled it right away. For some reason they changed my account all around during the upgrade process and everything works fine now. I'm still in some sort of limbo between a regular business account and pro, but everything is working and free so I don't ask any questions. I'm not sure if the same thing will work for you or not, but I am up and running 100 percent now.

Nathan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast