Page 63 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Andover Modern Template Support Thread

I updated the code from the addthis.com website and it made no change. It must be something I am doing wrong because it works perfectly on your website.

Plugin Contributions

I think I fixed it, I had to add
    Code:
    <html xmlns:fb="http://ogp.me/ns/fb#"></html>
    to the top of the page

Plugin Contributions

I spoke too soon, i get the pop up window to add a comment to the link now but it is still just saying phil likes a link with no picture. Any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

I've made a discovery, I installed the same code on an old site (version 1.3.8a) and it works perfectly. However on the new site (version 1.5.0) it doesn't include the title, description or image. Does anybody else have this working on zen cart version 1.5.0?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Phil020782 View Post
    I've made a discovery, I installed the same code on an old site (version 1.3.8a) and it works perfectly. However on the new site (version 1.5.0) it doesn't include the title, description or image. Does anybody else have this working on zen cart version 1.5.0?
    I think that it is working fine. If you just click on the facebook button it will say that you liked the product and 1 will be added to the like number. If you want to post it to your wall you click on the share button and select facebook. Then you can write a comment and it shows the product image, description, etc.

I have the template installed on 1.5 here:

http://weblyweb.com/and-test/

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Ok so it does work with 1.5 but mine is not working the same way as the one on your site is. It does like it and the like status is added to facebook but the title, description and image are not applied to it. The best way for you to see it is to try it on my site and see for yourself what I mean. My site is down for maintenance though so I'll need to add your ip address to my exclude list so you can access it

Plugin Contributions

Ok so it does work with 1.5 but mine is not working the same way as the one on your site is. It does like it and the like status is added to facebook but the title, description and image are not applied to it. The best way for you to see it is to try it on my site and see for yourself what I mean. My site is down for maintenance though so I'll need to add your ip address to my exclude list so you can access it
    Since the unaltered version works on 1.5 I would recommend looking to any changes/modifications you have made to track down the problem.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your help I got it sorted. Turns out the problem was simply that the site was down for maintenance so facebook couldn't scrape the page for the information. Once I figured out how the facebook like button worked it was pretty obvious.

I made a few code changes to html_header.php if anyone is interested.

To get the preview pop up window to show when the like button is pressed open the includes/templates/andover_modern/common/html_header.php

Find this near the top
    Code:
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>
    and replace with this
    Code:
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xmlns:fb="http://ogp.me/ns/fb#" <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>
    I then had an issue with facebook using the wrong image, this is because it uses the first image it finds on the page, in my case it was the first image in the whats new sidebox. so to make sure it uses the correct image and to comply with facebooks recommended tags in the same file as above find this:
    Code:
    <title><?php echo META_TAG_TITLE; ?></title>
    and under this add:
    Code:
    <meta property="og:title" content="<?php echo META_TAG_TITLE; ?>" />
     <meta property="og:type" content="product" />
     <meta property="og:site_name" content="<?php echo STORE_NAME; ?>" />
     <meta property="og:description" content="<?php echo META_TAG_DESCRIPTION; ?>" />

<?php
     if (isset($_GET['products_id'])) { // use products_image if products_id exists
     $facebook_image = $db->Execute("select p.products_image from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p where products_id='" . (int)$_GET['products_id'] . "'");
     $fb_image = HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_IMAGES . $facebook_image->fields['products_image'];
     }
     if ($fb_image == 'stickadefaultimagehere') { // if no products image, use the default image if enabled
     $fb_image = '';
     }
     if ($fb_image != '') {
     ?>
     <meta property="og:image" content="<?php echo $fb_image; ?>" />
     <?php
     }
     ?>
    Hope this helps anyone whos looking for it

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    Could anyone tell me which file(s) I need to edit so that the back button which appears on the Shipping & Returns, Privacy Notice, Conditions of Use etc. pages also appears on EZ pages that I add?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    Could anyone tell me which file(s) I need to edit so that the back button which appears on the Shipping & Returns, Privacy Notice, Conditions of Use etc. pages also appears on EZ pages that I add?

Thanks
    I would recommend taking a look at the template file for one of those files and finding the code for the back button and try to integrate it into your ez page.

Thanks,

Anne

Page 63 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast