Page 58 of 79 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Andover Modern Template Support Thread

Thanks for all the help everyone. The issue turned out that not all of the folders and files uplaoded not sure why, I tried fresh uploads several times, finally had to go through folder by folder within this template and check for each and every file....royal pain in the you know what, but I finally got it :-)
    Still having a minor issue with the Facebook like link. I think I added the information correctly to the extra def folder correctly:
    In: /home2/lyriclea/includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/andover_modern/footer_menu_defines.php
    I edited the following to read:

define('FACEBOOK','http://www.facebook.com/lyricleather');

There also seems to be a code break on my contact us link in the header, I went to :
    /home2/lyriclea/includes/languages/english/andover_modern/header.php

and everything seems fine, see below:

// header text in includes/header.php
    define('HEADER_TITLE_CREATE_ACCOUNT', 'Create Account');
    define('HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT', 'My Account');
    define('HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS', 'Shopping Cart');
    define('HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT', '<span class="header-checkout">Checkout</span>');
    define('HEADER_TITLE_TOP', 'Top');
    define('HEADER_TITLE_CATALOG', 'Home');
    define('HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF', 'Log Out');
    define('HEADER_TITLE_LOGIN', 'Log In');
    define('HEADER_TITLE_CONTACT_US', 'Contact Us');

but my home page is displaying
    " HEADER_TITLE_CONTACT_US "
    it should only read " Contact Us " correct?

This code break seems to also exist in the "information" sidebox

Plugin Contributions

There seems to be a code break with the Header contact us as well as in the information sidebox. text that is being displayed is:
    HEADER_TITLE_CONTACT_US
    and
    BOX_INFORMATION_ABOUT_US
    I found one other post referencing line 91 in /includes/templates/andover_modern/common/tpl_header.php
    but you corrected the poster saying that you had created something to address this, a problem still exists, any idea where the problem lies?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by billcurley View Post
    Finally got the silly thing uploaded and installed correctly, thank you for your help.

I am now having an issue with the facebook link not functioning. I edited the test on the footer menu .php file to read as follows:

define('TWITTER', 'http://www.twitter.com/lyricleather');

but I am getting a 404 error file not found message when I click on the link at the bottom of the page.
    Any thoughts?
    If you post a link to your site I can take a look.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for all the help everyone. The issue turned out that not all of the folders and files uplaoded not sure why, I tried fresh uploads several times, finally had to go through folder by folder within this template and check for each and every file....royal pain in the you know what, but I finally got it :-)
    Still having a minor issue with the Facebook like link. I think I added the information correctly to the extra def folder correctly:
    In: /home2/lyriclea/includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/andover_modern/footer_menu_defines.php
    I edited the following to read:

There also seems to be a code break on my contact us link in the header, I went to :
    /home2/lyriclea/includes/languages/english/andover_modern/header.php

and everything seems fine, see below:

// header text in includes/header.php
    define('HEADER_TITLE_CREATE_ACCOUNT', 'Create Account');
    define('HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT', 'My Account');
    define('HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS', 'Shopping Cart');
    define('HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT', '<span class="header-checkout">Checkout</span>');
    define('HEADER_TITLE_TOP', 'Top');
    define('HEADER_TITLE_CATALOG', 'Home');
    define('HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF', 'Log Out');
    define('HEADER_TITLE_LOGIN', 'Log In');
    define('HEADER_TITLE_CONTACT_US', 'Contact Us');

but my home page is displaying
    " HEADER_TITLE_CONTACT_US "
    it should only read " Contact Us " correct?

This code break seems to also exist in the "information" sidebox
    These problems are not template relates. Either your web host is really bad, or you are just not uploading all of the template package files to the correct locations on your server. Once all files are in place everything will work fine.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

There seems to be a code break with the Header contact us as well as in the information sidebox. text that is being displayed is:
    HEADER_TITLE_CONTACT_US
    and
    BOX_INFORMATION_ABOUT_US
    I found one other post referencing line 91 in /includes/templates/andover_modern/common/tpl_header.php
    but you corrected the poster saying that you had created something to address this, a problem still exists, any idea where the problem lies?

This is not a problem with the template. See my answer to your other post asking the same question.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    Either your web host is really bad, or you are just not uploading all of the template package files to the correct locations on your server. Once all files are in place everything will work fine.

Thanks,

Anne
    Host appears to be bluehost, so no problems there.

billcurley appears to not know how to use FTP...

We have used andover modern on several sites, and it takes about 14 seconds to FTP the template to the server, and then about 30 seconds to activate it and reset sideboxes.

Whole procedure should not take more than 60 to 75 seconds...
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

I know perfectly well how to use an FTP site it is way too simple to use, not sure why the files wouldn't upload as a package but they wouldn't.
    here is a link to my site
    http://lyricleather.com/

I posted what folder I found the files in on my server so if they are in the wrong folder or hierarchyy please let me know so I can move them and get them in the correct place. Thank you.

I have never dealt with php files though and the structure of zen cart seems to have files all over the place, still figuring that part out as to what is where and why.
    Some of the issues that I was and am having have been mentioned in other posts though there was no solution posted, just the accusatory blasts that someone didn't know what they were doing.
    Last edited by billcurley; 10 Jun 2012 at 06:46 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Some of the issues that I was and am having have been mentioned in other posts though there was no solution posted, just the accusatory blasts that someone didn't know what they were doing.
    Bill... I have indicated the FTP procedure three or four times now, and you still seem to be having difficulty.

Move the ENTIRE "includes" folder (in the unzipped template download) to the server.

With Filezilla, this is a drag 'n drop.

ONE:
    Highlight the includes folder on your local machine.

TWO:
    Drag it to the server at the level you see the corresponding (server-side) includes folder.

Really... It can't be more simply explained.

The inherent folder and file hierarchy in the local copy of "includes" will be retained when it is FTP'd to the server.

Also... I suggested you consider a proper FTP program - WS-FTP Pro by Ipswitch is not only safer and more robust, but a trillion times easier than filezilla.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Schoolboy,
    I appreciate your explanation, I know how to move files from my machine to my server using filezilla. I don't know shy some of the files were not getting uploaded but they weren't, I deleted the upload on my server at least three times and re-uploaded it. I finally went through folder by folder and checked for missing files and uploaded the ones that were not getting through, that finally got the template to function but there seem to still be some issues which I have not yet figured out what is causing them. Just as an example the "about us.php" file is not listed in the define pages editor drop down, this is not a problem now because I was able to locate it on my server and edit the file there. But the other problems I am not finding a solution to. Also, just FYI Anne, the link to your you tube video on the install readme file for "Add "Important Links" to footer menu" is the same link as step 9 "Customize Facebook and Twitter links"

Plugin Contributions

Got it fixed, a friend of mine just came over and took a look, there were still some missing files and folders, still uncertain why they didn't upload, perhaps I will take schoolboys advise in the future and get a different ftp program. thanks

Page 58 of 79 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast