Threaded View

Plugin Contributions

Default the maximum per package weight for the selected service . . . is 150 pounds

Before I took my USPS shipping out of test mode, I received a normal statement on the shipping estimator popup to enter my state and zip code. Then it just returned no information.

After taking out of USPS test mode, instead of a shipping estimate, my estimate popup states under Available Shipping Method:

Shipping (the maximum per package weight for the selected service from the selected country is 150 pounds.)
    I searched on Google for that message and it appears it comes from United Parcel Service, and there are lots of carts receiving that message, and not much in the way of help in stopping the message.

One of the bothersome things is that, when this message appears on the Shipping page, it doesn't include the word "Shipping" before the parentheses, and just shows the text enclosed in parentheses, which makes the punctuation incorrect, making the page seem not well edited.

The cause of this message is most likely that the shipping weight is derived from a total shipping weight on the product page. However, the weights of the different components are available.

Is there a way to show the different package weights somehow, so that the 150 lb. UPS message will not be triggered, and still have the UPS weights calculate in the cart?

An example of this is seen at:

[URL="http://www.gokaraokemachine.com/wampcopytest/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=21_28&products_id=191[/URL]

Thanks for any suggestions.
    Last edited by notageek; 7 Nov 2010 at 05:58 PM. Reason: replace active site URL with test site URL