Plugin Contributions

Default custom css - template

i've finally taken the plunge and am migrating to 1.3.9h.

when i diff'd my directories and made my lists of changed files, i realized i had a LOT to untangle. i'd put plenty of files in the wrong place and i want to be careful as i clean up into this new version.

i installed the files and set up the databases in development versions on my local and live servers. my databases are patched. i can see both catalogs and admin areas. HOORAY!

now, i've started the process of merging changes into the new version. i began with the stylesheet.css. i merged all the changes from my 1.3.8 sheet into a new one in /includes/templates/my_template/css/.

when i reloaded there was no change. upon investigation, when i uploaded my new stylesheet into /includes/templates/template_default/css the css changed as i expected it should have.

i thought if you created a file in the /my_template/ directory zen cart doesn't use the /template_default/ version of a file.

is there a setting i missed?
    :) emily
    http://store.inspiritcommon.com/
    ZC 1.3.8a on Godaddy :: EP 1.2.5.4 :: Adv Search 1.1 and a buncha other stuff

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: custom css - template

If you're gonna use your own custom template, you need to make sure there's a template_info.php file in that template folder and then tell Zen Cart to *use* that new template, via your admin.

https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=142

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

ok. i'm pretty sure i didn't ever do that on my 1.3.8 installation.

i thought just by virtue of having a differently-named folder, zen cart knew to look in there. all the instructions say create the /my_template/ folder, but i missed the template_info.php instructions over 2 years of reading these forums and phutzing with this product.

no wonder it never seemed like the template files were doing anything. what a mess i've made. thank you thank you.

Plugin Contributions

did i say thank you. it's all making MUCH more sense now.