Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Apparel Boutique Template Support Thread

Fixed. It was a dangling general Estorenow file in includes/extra_configures file.
    I am happy you figured it out

Only one red error on Product pages, apparently with the new social stuff:
    i did see this, but since it is facebook's code I can;t fix it without removing the like button If anyone has a fix I would love to hear it.

Plugin Contributions

Plugin Contributions

How did you add Key Features?
    This is the demo store data that comes with the zen cart installation. I did not add this, just selected "yes" when asked during the installation process if I wanted to install the demo store products.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    This is the demo store data that comes with the zen cart installation. I did not add this, just selected "yes" when asked during the installation process if I wanted to install the demo store products.
    Thanks...just trying to figure out how to do the same by adding Key Features. Not sure how to do it. Just wondering if they might be attributes.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by PinkLeopard View Post
    Thanks...just trying to figure out how to do the same by adding Key Features. Not sure how to do it. Just wondering if they might be attributes.
    Looks to me like they made it in the description area, using bullets. And View Source confirms it.

www.prommart.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by SPH View Post
    Looks to me like they made it in the description area, using bullets. And View Source confirms it.

www.prommart.com
    Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by SPH View Post

www.prommart.com
    Your site is looking great!

Plugin Contributions

I love your template. It is probably the best looking free-template i have seen

is it possible to change this websites width ?

Excuse my stupidity, i am just coming from the stone age and am trying to learn how to make the website that i really want and seeing this website, i want this site`on with a few customizations.

is it possible to change this websites width ?
    I am sure you can change the color of the upper menu bar and add a flyout menu,which i'm trying to figure out in the coming time, but can you increase the width too? is there a reason all sites are a bit narrow?

Thanks for the template, again i love it

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by PinkLeopard View Post
    Your site is looking great!
    Thanks! Very nice template.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by aras View Post
    is there a reason all sites are a bit narrow?

If I might chime in, having gone through this process fixed width vs fluid or 100% width. There are two schools of thought.

100%/fluid width tends to adjust better to various monitor resolution settings. The problem is that with newer monitors (higher resolution) it can create alot of white space and start not looking as nice. I believe that kmart and amazon are examples of fuller width. (Although with their talent pool can probably get around drawbacks.)

Fixed width is somewhat easier to design for, as you can put in a photo and pretty much know how it will look. Most templates are by-passing the old 800x600 resolution, and those will have a horizontal scroll bar. All templates should look good in say 1024x678 and up. To a point. At very high resolution it can start looking skinny. Walmart used to be this way, and I think the default zen cart is this way: template set at about 750px width in stylesheet.

Most sites are now set about 950px or so in stylesheet (per our seo guy) which overall tends to look best in various monitor resolutions and gives good control of layout design. Target, Macy's & Bestbuy are some that should be about our width.

If your's looks especially narrow then you probably have a high resolution monitor?

If you try to "fix" your site at a larger width, say 1000px or more, you will have a problem with horizontal scroll bars in many monitors.

In short, yes there is a reason for this size. But your call as to what school to follow.

PS: Some sites try for optical illusion, having width about our size for most of site, but having header area full width, to cut down on whitespace and narrow impression. The ic-athmeme (?) zc template which I've used does this.
    Last edited by SPH; 13 Nov 2010 at 05:05 AM.

Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast