Plugin Contributions

Default Simple Google Analytics-not working

I,ve installed Simple Google Analytics and also signed up. I have my UA numbers which are pasted on the zen cart admin Simple Google Analytics configuration page. although I have a green checkmark on one site I still have the ! mark on my second profile (i.e my site has 2 domains, one is tte.ca the other one is thetrailingedge.com) Im not getting any information, its been well over 2 days that I installed and signed in. Upon reading up on the
    Google Analytics site and reading Getting Started with the Asynchronous Snippet, it tells me the following:

The Analytics snippet is a small piece of JavaScript code that you paste into your pages. It activates Google Analytics tracking by inserting ga.js into the page. To use this on your pages, copy the code snippet below, replacing UA-XXXXX-X with your web property ID. If you need to do more than basic page tracking, see the tracking reference for a list of methods available in the API and see the Usage Guide for details on using the asynchronous syntax. For step-by-step instructions on setting up tracking, see the Help Center article on setting up tracking.

<script type="text/javascript">

var _gaq = _gaq || [];
    _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-XXXXX-X']);
    _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);

(function() {
    var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true;
    ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js';
    var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s);
    })();

</script>

Am I suppose to enter this and if so where do I put it, Please advise.
    P.S. I followed the install information to a tee.
    Thanks,

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple Google Analytics-not working

Hi Robert

Can you share your URL so that we can have a quick look?

If you have used the add-on then you don't need to also add the code manually.

On the Google Analytics home page, click on Edit next to your Zen Cart store profile and then click on Check Status.

Under Tracking Status Information, do you see that the tracking code has been successfully installed?

It can take 2 days, so as long as it says that Analytics has been successfully installed, you are probably very close to seeing some information come in.

Hope this helps,
    Kerrin

Plugin Contributions

cart error Re: Simple Google Analytics-not working

It is telling me that I am receiving data. at the bottom though its telling me to paste this code.

Paste this code on your site
    Copy the following code, then paste it onto every page you want to track immediately before the closing </head> tag.

<script type="text/javascript">

var _gaq = _gaq || [];
    _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-19545334-1']);
    _gaq.push(['_setDomainName', '.thetrailingedge.com']);
    _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);

(function() {
    var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true;
    ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js';
    var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s);
    })();

</script>

I don't mind entering this code I just don't understand where.

also my url is www. thetrailingedge.com this one is receiving data
    and www.tte.ca is waiting to receive data.
    thanks for your help.
    Bob
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

Plugin Contributions

RobertG,

The support thread for this 3rd party module is listed in the downlod listing for it

And I see that you also posted there - - - -

So please follow the forum guidelines and only post an issue in one place
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

[QUOTE=kdays;958684]Hi Robert

If you have used the add-on then you don't need to also add the code manually.

What add-on are we talking about here. The google analytical was a new first time install.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    RobertG,

The support thread for this 3rd party module is listed in the downlod listing for it

And I see that you also posted there - - - -

So please follow the forum guidelines and only post an issue in one place
    I wasn't getting any response from the support thread, I got a response within an hour of re-posting. This forum is here to help us get answers, If one area doesn't respond then we as users should be able to re-post in a different section so that we can get the help needed.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RobertG
    If one area doesn't respond then we as users should be able to re-post in a different section so that we can get the help needed.
    That may be your thought but does not follow the guidelines of the forum
    See the posting guidlines
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/faq.php
    Quote Originally Posted by Posting FAQ
    Don't:

* Post links to commercial services.

* Bump your post. If you have not gotten an answer in a reasonable amount of time. Post a reply to your own existing post with more details of what you have and haven't done to attempt to cure the problem or find answers to your questions. Try to explain it in a different way if maybe it's unclear.

* Private Message the Support Team trying to get their attention for your post. The whole idea of the forum is education and a problem solved privately benefits no one except you.

* Cross Post. Cross Posting is posting the same message in multiple threads or posting links to threads on other boards. It's seen as spam.
    Posting in multiple places only make a mess of it
    While your issue is important to you, you must be patient and if you have additional information post it to your original posting
    Most of us are volunteers here....
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten