Plugin Contributions

Default Big Problems upgrading...

Hi,
    I just upgraded from 1.3.8 to 1.3.9g at the request of my hosting service. They shut down my website because they said it would be compromised if I keep this version. They suggested I use fantastico to upgrade because I don't have extra funds at this time to pay for any help with this. I had to learn how to make a backup of my site and downloaded it to my computer using the ftp account. I then used the fantastico and there is still a problem because I still have an error message that reads :

Your database appears to need patching to a higher level. See Tools->Server Information to review patch levels.

Also in the process my custom heading on my site was deleted and now it only has the original heading from zencart there.

My host has informed me to use the fantastico backup that was made in my file manager by fantastico at the time of upgrading to get it back to the original way and then they want me to manually upgrade the new version again.

I went so far as extracting the fantastico backup, but then I went blank on the instructions and can't figure out where to go from there. I'm not sure I need to use the fantastico backup because I have all the files already downloaded on my computer to restore, but just don't know how to get them back into my cpanel using the ftp.

I'm scared I will delete something and the whole site will crash. I have paid for a lot of custom details done on my site and would not want to lose any of it.

I need to know if I should delete the files that are currently in my cpanel before uploading the backed up ones or will the backed up ones I upload overwrite those files?

Then I will need to know how to manually upgrade to the latest version of zen cart.

I really would appreciate a step-by-step guide in easy terms to help me get this done so I can get back online with my store.
    Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Big Problems upgrading...

They suggested I use fantastico to upgrade
    Totally bad suggestion
    This should be done manually
    just don't know how to get them back into my cpanel using the ftp
    DO NOT use the cpanel upload for this volume of files it is not reliable nor does it report any failures
    Get a stand alone FTP client and filezilla is a reliable free one
    I will need to know how to manually upgrade to the latest version of zen cart.
    Suggest that you first get your original cart functioning then follow the upgrade tutorial
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=108
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Big Problems upgrading...

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    Totally bad suggestion
    This should be done manually

I figured that out a little too late - lol!

DO NOT use the cpanel upload for this volume of files it is not reliable nor does it report any failures
    Get a stand alone FTP client and filezilla is a reliable free one

I did use filezilla. So now I have the files on my computer, just don't know how to get them back into my file manager.

Suggest that you first get your original cart functioning then follow the upgrade tutorial

I'll check this out when I get the backups restored - thanks!

https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=108
    Thanks!