Plugin Contributions

Default mixed product quantity max/min

Hi

I have a quick question re mixed product min/max quantities. example: I have created 8 new products within a single subcategory via the Admin catalog function. Now would like to ship these products in boxes of 12 products per box. ie the customer can order a mixed collection of the 8 available products so long as the total cart quantity is 12 (ie the box has to be full with 12 products, but they can be a mixed assortment from the 8 available). I would be v grateful if someone could advise me how to implement this min/max quantity in the cart.

I know that the min/max quantities can be set in the products page, but I need to combine different products within a single min/max quantity to fill the shipping box.

I'm sure it's something v simple but I have not found it yet..

thank you in advance for any advice

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: mixed product quantity max/min

As far as I know this is not configurable by default in Zen Cart.

One way would be to look at using attributes rather than products. Have the product as an 'Assortment of 12' product and then using the attributes feature have the customer select attributes/products to fill out their preferred selection to fill up the 12 slots. All a bit long winded though but something like that might work.

Another option is to put a request in the 'commercial help wanted' for a customized solution.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kdays View Post
    As far as I know this is not configurable by default in Zen Cart.

One way would be to look at using attributes rather than products. Have the product as an 'Assortment of 12' product and then using the attributes feature have the customer select attributes/products to fill out their preferred selection to fill up the 12 slots. All a bit long winded though but something like that might work.

Another option is to put a request in the 'commercial help wanted' for a customized solution.
    Thanks for the reply - yes that's how I thought of doing it if I can't get the mixed quantity to work - the drawback with that method is that each product needs its own product description & image, and entering them as individual products seems to be the most effective way of accommodating that requirement. Also I assume it would be much harder to keep track of stock if products listed are that way?

I had hoped that there would be some way of adding a min/max quantity attribute to the subcategory itself, rather than the products themselves, or something similar...

I (perhaps erroneously) assumed this was a common requirement and hence it would be tucked away somewhere in the admin UI via products attributes or something similar... If anyone else happens to know of some way of effecting this, I would be v grateful to hear!

eta currently running v1.3.9d
    Last edited by jvn01; 15 Nov 2010 at 04:02 PM.

Plugin Contributions

just wondering whether anyone could offer some advice on this issue..?

thanks in advance