Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Free Shipping with 1 Exception

I need to set Free Best Way Shipping to US only for all orders over $148 EXCEPT - I have a few products that are under $148 that I can offer free shipping to US only also.

I can't use the freeshipper module and set it per product, because then non-US residents will get an error that we don't ship to their region. On top of that, the freeshipper module prevents expedited methods from appearing if the customer didn't want the Free Best Way Shipping (ground) and decided they want to pay for Overnight or 2nd Day.

I also can't figure out how to deal with the issue that if a product that was not under $148 is mixed with one of the under $148 free shipping products. I.E. the total products are $100, but I need to charge shipping on only the non-free shipping products.

Help, please! I can't seem to figure this one out!
    Last edited by tmdelia; 9 Nov 2010 at 10:54 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free Shipping with 1 Exception

For Free Shipping on shipping to the US on Orders of $148 or more, you can set this with the Modules ... Order Totals ... Shipping ot_shipping and set this up with:
    Allow Free Shipping
    true

Free Shipping For Orders Over
    $148.00

Provide Free Shipping For Orders Made
    national
    For the individual Products that you want to make Free shipping, is there something to identify these Products by that is in the:
    products

table that would flag them in some manner ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your help Ajeh.

For the individual Products that you want to make Free shipping, is there something to identify these Products by that is in the: products table that would flag them in some manner ...
    I can certainly add a field in the products table to identify them. What were you thinking once they were able to be identified via the products table?

Plugin Contributions

You could use that flag to identify what is in the cart and if all Products are flagged as products_ships_free_usa then show the an additional shipping module if the customer is shipping to the US that has the Free Shipping ...

Something like clone the Flat Rate flat shipping module and set a Zone on it for your definition of the US and then check the cart contents to see if ALL of the Products are products_ships_free_usa ...

Next, depending on what shipping method(s) you are using, be able to adjust the shipping if need be for when there is a Product that is not products_ships_free_usa and a Product that is products_ships_free_usa and the customer is shipping to your Zone Definition for the US ...

You do need to decide how you want that to work on mixed shopping carts ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Ajeh, I appreciate your feedback, however I've decided to go another route with this. The main reason for using the built-in products is always free shipping functionality was for the nice Free Shipping Icon code.

But it caused more problems than it solved, so I just decided to write an additional if statement and add it to includes/templates/MYTEMPLATE/tpl_product_info_display.php and includes/modules/MYTEMPLATE/product_listing.php

PHP Code:
      <?php if (($saleprice >= 148) || ($listing->fields['products_price'] >= 148)) {

?>
    <div id="freeShippingIcon"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCT_FREE_SHIPPING_ICON?></div>  
    <?php ?>
    This works perfectly for the Products Listing page, but only works for items with a specials price the product_info page. Items with a products_price of greater than 148, but that do not have any specials price defined do not show the icon on the product_info page.

Any idea why?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Try $products_price_sorter or $specials_price, or both?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Dr. Byte, thanks for the reply.

$saleprice is working just fine, so there is no need to change that. It is products without a specials price that has the issue.

$products_price_sorter will not work, because that variable is never defined, so I tried:

PHP Code:
    ($listing->fields['products_price_sorter'] >= 148
    just trying to call from that database field, but no joy either.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

This is on the product_info page, right? If so, then the $listing variable is irrelevant, since it only applies to the product-listing page.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Ah! Well that would explain why I'm not getting anything!

Since the $listing variable is irrelevant, what is the variable that I can use on the product_info page that is looking at the price being displayed for the current product?

Plugin Contributions

(int)$_GET['products_id']

will give you the current products_id on the product _info page ...
    Linda McGrath

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast