Plugin Contributions

Default How to disable ground services? when using Free Shipping - freeoptions

Hello,
    We are running 1.3.9h.
    We would like UPS Ground and USPS Parcel Post not to show in the shipping estimator when Free Shipping - freeoptions kicks in.

I thought I saw a post someplace but now I can't find it.
    Could someone point me to the right post or repost the instructions and code here.

Thank you in advance.
    Wishing I was Zenned !
    It's amazing what happens when I put the files in the right folders !!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to disable ground services when using Free Shipping - freeoptions

Free Shipping Options freeoptions is designed to show at the same time as the other shipping modules ...

If you do not want the other shipping modules to show when Free Shipping Options freeoptions shows, you would have to rewrite the shipping modules in some manner ...

Its original purpose was to offer a Free Shipping choice but allow customers to pick a faster, paid for method ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to disable ground services when using Free Shipping - freeoptions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Free Shipping Options freeoptions is designed to show at the same time as the other shipping modules ...

If you do not want the other shipping modules to show when Free Shipping Options freeoptions shows, you would have to rewrite the shipping modules in some manner ...

Its original purpose was to offer a Free Shipping choice but allow customers to pick a faster, paid for method ...
    I know this. I asked "We would like UPS Ground and USPS Parcel Post not to show in the shipping estimator when Free Shipping - freeoptions kicks in. "
    Wishing I was Zenned !

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to disable ground services? when using Free Shipping - freeoptions

What are your settings on Free Shipping Options freeoptions?

I have done this before in the past, but need to know what is triggering your Free Shipping Options freeoptions shipping module ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to disable ground services? when using Free Shipping - freeoptions

Just the dollar amount. No weight (blank), no item count (blank). Shipping Zone United States.
    Wishing I was Zenned !

Plugin Contributions

For USPS ... you can change the method from:
    Code:
              $methods[] = array('id' => $type,
                                 'title' => $title,
                                 'cost' => ($cost * $shipping_num_boxes) + (MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_HANDLING_METHOD == 'Box' ? MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_HANDLING * $shipping_num_boxes : MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_HANDLING) );
    to read:
    Code:
              if ($type == 'PARCEL' && $_SESSION['cart']->show_total() >= 100) {
                // skip it
              } else {
                                 'title' => $title,
                                 'cost' => ($cost * $shipping_num_boxes) + (MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_HANDLING_METHOD == 'Box' ? MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_HANDLING * $shipping_num_boxes : MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_HANDLING) );
              }
    For UPS you can change from:
    Code:
                               'title' => $this->types[$type],
                               'cost' => ($cost * $shipping_num_boxes) + (MODULE_SHIPPING_UPS_HANDLING_METHOD == 'Box' ? MODULE_SHIPPING_UPS_HANDLING * $shipping_num_boxes : MODULE_SHIPPING_UPS_HANDLING) );
    to read:
    Code:
            if ($type == 'GND' && $_SESSION['cart']->show_total() >= 100) {
              // skip it
            } else {
                               'title' => $this->types[$type],
                               'cost' => ($cost * $shipping_num_boxes) + (MODULE_SHIPPING_UPS_HANDLING_METHOD == 'Box' ? MODULE_SHIPPING_UPS_HANDLING * $shipping_num_boxes : MODULE_SHIPPING_UPS_HANDLING) );
            }
    just set the 100.00 to the amount that you are using in your Free Shipping Options freeoptions ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Linda,
    I'm impressed. You posted the code.
    No, I haven't tried it on our test site yet, but I recognize you as the queen of shipping mods. So your work is golden with me.
    Because you were kind enough to share the code, I'm buying the zen team a pot of coffee and a dozen donuts.

Thank you and the rest of the team for a much better job on the 1.9 series.
    Wishing I was Zenned !

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for the support ... we really appreciate the coffee and donuts ... they really keep us going ...

Let us know how this works out for you ...
    Linda McGrath