Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Whoops! Sorry, but you are not allowed to perform the action requested.

What cache are you referring to?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Whoops! Sorry, but you are not allowed to perform the action requested.

Some of my customers get the same error message. They will visit my site then add item to cart and when they try to checkout they get stopped by this message. Here is my URL: http://www.hayleyscreations.com.au

I wrote to the people who built my site and sent them a link to this thread. Their reply was as follows:

you're using the latest version of zen cart 1.3.9h It was a fresh installation so we did not upgrade it. You don't have gifts mod installed as well.
    The zen cart team don't provide any other solutions of this problem. It looks like a unknown bug in their script.
    Probably this is a problem of your hosting server and it can not handle zen cart fine.

I am at a loss as I am already getting customers telling me they are not proceeding with their orders because of this problem. I have also written to my hosting provider and waiting to hear back.

Hayley

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by HayleysCreations View Post
    Some of my customers get the same error message. They will visit my site then add item to cart and when they try to checkout they get stopped by this message. Here is my URL: http://www.hayleyscreations.com.au

I wrote to the people who built my site and sent them a link to this thread. Their reply was as follows:

you're using the latest version of zen cart 1.3.9h It was a fresh installation so we did not upgrade it. You don't have gifts mod installed as well.
    The zen cart team don't provide any other solutions of this problem. It looks like a unknown bug in their script.
    Probably this is a problem of your hosting server and it can not handle zen cart fine.

I am at a loss as I am already getting customers telling me they are not proceeding with their orders because of this problem. I have also written to my hosting provider and waiting to hear back.

Hayley
    I agree I have the same problem for so long and no solution , I have tried everything removed the shipping module which I installed for checkout quick checkout and after that I had this problem and now I am stuck ..... I need help help help me pls all of the zen experts.

Plugin Contributions

Ron,
    Do you have any Modules installed on your zen cart site ?
    What version of zen are you running..
    Use winmerge and look at this file
    \includes\classes\shopping_cart.php in it that had not been updated.

1. compare with a original file vs one you are using on your site
    2. this will show you any changes to the .php file
    Mark
    Hare Do

Plugin Contributions

Sounds like I'm having a similar issue. I'm running 1.3.9f, and have installed the Stock By Attributes add on. I'm having customers reporting that after adding products to the cart, then registering, they get the "Whoops! Sorry, but you are not allowed to perform the action requested" error. Thing is, I checked includes/classes/shopping_cart.php and it hasn't been altered from the original. Confused! I'd be so grateful of any help sorting this out.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by blacksun
    I'm having customers reporting that after adding products to the cart, then registering, they get the "Whoops! Sorry, but you are not allowed to perform the action requested" error
    Why are you putting your customers through this??

Create an account and TEST TEST TEST....

Make sure that you have a functioning cart

Have you checked all the posts here and the similar posts listed at the bottom?
    I checked includes/classes/shopping_cart.php and it hasn't been altered from the original.
    So your issue is different and you should start your own thread and not confuse this one
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    Why are you putting your customers through this??

Create an account and TEST TEST TEST....

Make sure that you have a functioning cart
    Erm... I did thank you very much!! I haven't seen the issue myself throughout my testing. It has been reported to me afterwards. And yes - I have been looking through posts for help but couldn't find an answer. Otherwise I wouldn't have had to ask.

Sorry I thought the issue looked similar.

Plugin Contributions

blacksun,
    One must be able to recreate the issue

Maybe ask them EXACTLY the steps they took ttheat generated the error

If one can not recreate it, troubleshooting it can be futile...
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I had checked mine too before lanching my site, and had the error come up. I asked the people who I paid to build my store to fix it. They told me it was the way zencart was installed on my server and that they reinstalled it manually, and everything was working fine.

It started coming up again and when I asked them why and to fix it, they told me it was a zencart designers fault and they had to fix it, or it was my webhost not supporting zencart (which I checked on before deciding on zencart).

It is also hard to replicate the problem on demand. It doesn't happen to everyone, and doesn't even happen everytime even to the same person. I have had 217 successful orders and then a dozen or two that had this error show up. I now have someone else looking into this for me, and hope they can find the problem and fix it.

Plugin Contributions

I am also seeing this problem.

My store, http://www.performsafe.com/, is running v1.3.9d with authorize.net payment module.

It's been running fine, and suddenly a couple of days ago customers started reporting this problem.

NOTHING HAS CHANGED! Yes, I know everybody says that, but I am the only person with admin access to the site, and I haven't changed anything.

I have no idea how to even try tracking this down.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast