Plugin Contributions

Default How do I make a product for "collection only" (pickup only, no delivery)?

How do I make a product "for collection only" - no shipping or delivery?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I make a product for "collection only"

Can you expand upon what this is - does
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I make a product for "collection only"

I want to sell a product but for it to be collected from the real shop - no shipping involved. At the moment I only see an option for "free shipping" but not "no shipping"! I could just state that it won't be shipped but perhaps there is a proper way to do this.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I make a product for "collection only" (pickup only, no delivery)?

I see there is an option for "store pickup" but the lack of explanation of a proper "help file" makes it impossible to see how to configure this for specifying ONLY a store pickup.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I make a product for "collection only" (pickup only, no delivery)?

Hello!..................hello (echo).........................hello (echo)......

Plugin Contributions

I love talking to myself!

Well, I found one thread here on exactly the same topic. The poor guy was fobbed off with a lame solution - that was to use the "call for price" feature and change the associated image.

This doesn't really work right. I get it! Real shops normally don't use opensource so that's why there isn't much call for this - despite it being utterly essential. But then again people even can do this on Ebay - but not here apparently!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plugin Contributions

Well yes I'm deeply underwhelmed by the stunning level of interest and support this has drawn.

regardless I tried one fix that I was from a programmer here...

// disable only when entire cart is free shipping
    if (zen_get_shipping_enabled($this->code)) {
    $this->enabled = ((MODULE_SHIPPING_ITEM_STATUS == 'True') ? true : false);
    }

// disable for one master_categories_id
    if ((IS_ADMIN_FLAG == false && $_SESSION['cart']->in_cart_check('master_categories_id','17') > 0)) {
    $this->enabled = false;
    }

But it doesn't appear to wrork very well because you have to add a modification for every store item you wnat to be included as far as I can see. When I tried it it didn't stop all the shipment options from appearing - only one of them vanished.

Great stuff. I get the feeling that less time would be wasted in prison than trying to make a store work with zencart. This is damned frustrating and hellishly time wasting.

Plugin Contributions

OK I give up. I screwed up choosing zencart. I'm now going to go on to every single thread on this forum - just to waste more of my time