Thread: Images question

Plugin Contributions

Default Images question

HI,
    I am working with the Enlarge image button on the carts.
    A couple of questions if I may. When you click on enlarge image in the product page, what image is it looking for and opening _MED or _ LRG?
    Second do you need to create the pic size you want to enlarge to or is this somthing you set in the cart and it takes the image with the _MED or_LRG extension and blowes it up to size set elsewhere?
    Thank you,
    M

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Images question

The larger image links always look for the _LRG version of the file.
    You have to upload an image file with that name and the appropriate pixel size to the /images/large/ folder. It is not possible to make a small image large without making it fuzzy; a small image does not have the information hidden away in it to become large and sharp.

Plugin Contributions

Thank You for your reply and insight.
    I was wondering if this might be the problem I was having. I was not sure if the image files were bding controled by the admin section or if the images them selves dictated the output size of the enlarge images.
    So I should copy all my pics with the _LRG to the carts LARGE folder if the orginals (base) are in the carts image folder?
    Does it matter wether .jpg, .png, or .gif format?
    Thanks again,
    M

Plugin Contributions

Yes, copy the _LRG images to the /large/ folder. The format doesn't matter, as long as it is the same as the small image.

The large images will display at their pixel size.
    Last edited by gjh42; 20 Nov 2010 at 02:27 AM.

Plugin Contributions

i've also got an images question relating to the specifically sized images. to alleviate speed issues, i recently created _MED and _LRG versions of all of my product images. things seem to be loading a bit faster but...

i'd really like the "new product" image to display at the medium size and have set the same numeric size in the admin panel, yet it still shows the small size. (Admin > Configuration > Images > Image - New Products Width & Height)

What am I missing?
    :) emily
    http://store.inspiritcommon.com/
    ZC 1.3.8a on Godaddy :: EP 1.2.5.4 :: Adv Search 1.1 and a buncha other stuff

Plugin Contributions

i should also sayi found this in tpl_whats_new.php

Code:
        $content .= '<a href="' . zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($random_whats_new_sidebox_product->fields['products_id']), 'cPath=' . zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($random_whats_new_sidebox_product->fields['master_categories_id']) . '&products_id=' . $random_whats_new_sidebox_product->fields['products_id']) . '">' . zen_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $random_whats_new_sidebox_product->fields['products_image'], $random_whats_new_sidebox_product->fields['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT);
    but can't figure out what to change. i tried MEDIUM_IMAGE_WIDTH, MEDIUM_IMAGE_HEIGHT and MED_IMAGE_WIDTH, MED_IMAGE_HEIGHT

but no love.

Plugin Contributions

Images won't display larger than their actual file pixel sizes, whatever the admin settings. The base (small) image is what is used for all but popups and the product info main image. Using the medium image here would require coding to verify the existence of a medium version of the product image before using it.

Plugin Contributions

well, i do have _MED files in a /medium/ folder that would be the right size.

when i had 'calculate images' turned on, it would scale the single image to my design but it was sloooow. now with the correct image structure it's only using the small ones. it sounds like i don't have the necessary php-fu to make it happen.

bummer -- but thanks glenn.