Plugin Contributions

red flag Digital Downloads delivery - not working

Just finished setting up my e-store. Can't get digital downloads working.
    I followed FAQ and forum advises to the letter and I still get a choice for shipping method on checkout.
    Also if I change shipping of the product to Free shipping, I don't get download link in the e-mail.
    Can someone help me please?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Digital Downloads delivery - not working

So, you've set up the product as NOT virtual, right? You've set it to "use normal shipping rules", right?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Of course I did all that.

Also, in Download manager I don't see Option Name (red square), which is suppose to be "download" and instead of TEXT under Option Value Name (blue square) suppose to be "Linux Tarball". What's wrong with that shopping cart?!

P.S. I have latest Zen Cart installed.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

TEXT options shouldn't be used as downloads. Those are for typing in text from the customer.
    Use Radio Button instead.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Digital Downloads delivery - not working

I think I got it working, after I re-installed it
    I was forgetting to choose proper attributes first time. I thing I wouldn't have to re-install Zen Cart :/
    Thanks.

While on the subject, is there a way to e-mail download link to the customer?

Also, is there a way to process Visa and Mastercards directly, without PayPal or Google Checkout?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by motorsep View Post
    While on the subject, is there a way to e-mail download link to the customer?
    Zen Cart doesn't email download links. The customer does the download from your website directly, either from the checkout-success page or the customer's My Account area. This allows your store to enforce download limits and expiries.
    Quote Originally Posted by motorsep View Post
    Also, is there a way to process Visa and Mastercards directly, without PayPal or Google Checkout?
    Sure. Subscribe to a merchant account service such as those offered here: http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...es&pages_id=38
    Also, PayPal has their "Website Payments Pro" product which allows you to do similarly as a regular merchant account, collecting credit card payments directly on your site, just like those offered by the vendors at that link. Each such service requires an application and approval process, and of course a monthly fee. There is no such thing as free credit card processing.

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Digital Downloads delivery - not working

thanks for the info!

another question - installed Google Checkout for Zen Cart and it's not working It cycles back to the cart after 3rd step in the checkout process. Any idea why?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Sorry, that's a question to ask in that module's support thread.
    I don't use it.