Plugin Contributions

Default Frontpage extensions needed removed

I, like many noobs before me, started with with Frontpage 2003.
    Then moved on to Zen Cart many years ago when realizing all its limitations. I deleted all the pages except one that I could not reproduce at the time on trying Zen.
    I am upgrading 1.3.7.1 to 1.39h.

Of course, FP puts little shadow turds throughout everywhere.
    It made me concerned as I did not know what lack of security I had and did not know how to clean out. After a Hack found in that area it appears I need to remove everything I can from server related to FP. I am hoping it was just in FP files, but am still looking.

Control Panel allows this removal but it appears it take out the htaccess files as well. And I am updating to latest Zen and the htaccess files are important.

In the meantime, May someone know how I can effectively manually remove the FP stuff- ALL OF IT for security and have just clean server and zen cart?
    I am already in process of new install without the _vti_cnf files.
    I heard removing some FP things can break the server - but I could care less if it only breaks FP as I have learned the hard way it is obsolete. I forget how to use it anyway and the pages I wanted just aren't worth it anymore. But I sure don't want to remove the wrong thing. Perhaps there is a list out there, I only found parts and got warnings and I would like to keep my Old and New Admins up tell I trouble shoot them.
    Is this safe to do this manually?
    Justwade
    Zen 1.5.5f
    Zen 1.3.9h, Zen 1.27 + (did that, done with that)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Frontpage extensions needed removed

Turn it off in cpanel before you install 1.3.9h

Start with a clean/blank public_html sans the cgi folder if you have one
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Start with a clean/blank public_html
    So I should delete my old 1.3.7.1 /store_file in pubic_html, even if I have it down for maintenance? (I removed everything else, the /store_file is backed up, but it helps my short memory to look in the working Admin for things needing changed with the new 1.3.9h install).

I have already used Cpanel to remove all the Frontpage stuff. I went back and looked at the .htaccess files it warned would be removed and they were not. I only could find an edit on the main .htaccess file where the Frontpage on top was removed, all my redirects were still there.

I have not found a hack so far in 1.3.7.1, just the Frontpage markers as was always in store (not admin) I looked in them but found nothing and used "Beyond Compare" for all. Cpanel removed these shadow turd files throughout it.
    The deleted hack file was in a Frontpage "Images" folder in public_html. I plan to delete this older store (to not be public again) but was hoping to keep older Admin available for reference unless it advised to just discard it.

sans the cgi folder if you have one
    Besides my /store_file I do have a /cgi-bin, What do you mean "sans the cgi" please?

Public_html/cgi-bin does have 2 .cgi files in it, both with only 7 characters typed in each when I open them, no codes or such. I am going to research what this bin is for and the purpose of these files. Someday I will learn this, may it not only be by hard lessons.
    Thank you,
    Justwade
    Zen 1.5.5f

Plugin Contributions

So I should delete my old 1.3.7.1 /store_file in pubic_html, even if I have it down for maintenance? (I removed everything else, the /store_file is backed up, but it helps my short memory to look in the working Admin for things needing changed with the new 1.3.9h install).

Original Post
    May someone know how I can effectively manually remove the FP stuff- ALL OF IT for security and have just clean server and zen cart?
    Turn Off FP in your cpanel - - strip ALL FP from every dir
    Then keep it
    Besides my /store_file I do have a /cgi-bin, What do you mean "sans the cgi" please?
    /cgi-bin is what I meant
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Thank you, I was hoping I could keep the old Admin for a little longer.

/cgi-bin is what I meant
    Please forgive my thick head, my brain is still soft from staying up nights.

sans the
    Do you want me to throw it out, or clean it out? I don't know what you are suggesting. (I am still looking at what the directory is even for.)

All the public area is lean and mean, nice to have less areas to keep up with.

Thanks again,
    Justwade
    Zen 1.5.5f

Plugin Contributions

Do you want me to throw it out, or clean it out? I don't know what you are suggesting.
    Do nothing

Maybe I should have said "except for"
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Thank you Kobra
    Justwade
    Zen 1.5.5f