Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

help question Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /includes/languages/.../paypal.php

I am having the same issue with payment modules after upgrading from v137 to v139h.
    The modules are listed in Catalog > Modules > Payment. Shipping Zones have been defined.

These modules are present with red dots.
    Authorize.net
    Authorize.net
    Authorize.net - eCheck
    Ceon Manual Card v2.0.0
    Cash on Delivery cod
    The Zen Cart FREE CHARGE CARD
    FirstData/Linkpoint/YourPay API
    Check/Money Order

The option to install the modules is not present. Check/Money Order cannot be enabled either.
    I installed the Ceon module hoping it would solve the problem but there is still no option to install.
    In addition, this message is also generated at checkout;

Sorry, we are not accepting payments from your region at this time.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Michael

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sorry, we are not accepting payments from your region at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lmichael View Post
    I am having the same issue with payment modules after upgrading from v137 to v139h.
    The modules are listed in Catalog > Modules > Payment. Shipping Zones have been defined.

These modules are present with red dots.
    Authorize.net
    Authorize.net
    Authorize.net - eCheck
    Ceon Manual Card v2.0.0
    Cash on Delivery cod
    The Zen Cart FREE CHARGE CARD
    FirstData/Linkpoint/YourPay API
    Check/Money Order

The option to install the modules is not present. Check/Money Order cannot be enabled either.
    I installed the Ceon module hoping it would solve the problem but there is still no option to install.
    In addition, this message is also generated at checkout;

Sorry, we are not accepting payments from your region at this time.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Michael
    First, look in the /cache directory ... do you see any debug logs for the Admin?

Sort them in order by date and see what they read, the current by date first ...

It sounds like you have a bad, corrupt, missing or duplicate file ...

NOTE: these are auto loading directories and backup files will attempt to load and break things ...

Once you see the right Panel again ... Stop! ...

Next steps ... go to Modules ... Payment ... and edit any module installed and save the settings to NotePad ... these are about to be wiped out ...

Click on REMOVE ...

Click on INSTALL ...

Now EDIT and re-configure them ...

Next steps ... go to Modules ... Shipping ... and edit any module installed and save the settings to NotePad ... these are about to be wiped out ...

Click on REMOVE ...

Click on INSTALL ...

Next steps ... go to Modules ... Order Total ... and edit any module installed and save the settings to NotePad ... these are about to be wiped out ...

Click on REMOVE ...

Click on INSTALL ...

Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

[quote=Ajeh;961634]First, look in the /cache directory ... do you see any debug logs for the Admin?

Sort them in order by date and see what they read, the current by date first ...

It sounds like you have a bad, corrupt, missing or duplicate file ...

NOTE: these are auto loading directories and backup files will attempt to load and break things ...

Once you see the right Panel again ... Stop! ...

Next steps ... go to Modules ... Payment ... and edit any module installed and save the settings to NotePad ... these are about to be wiped out ...
    ######################################################################___

I have received the following error messages in the debug utility.
    v1.3.9h
    [15-Nov-2010 17:32:03] PHP Warning: htmlspecialchars() expects at most 3 parameters, 4 given in
    /home/*/public_html/MYSTORE/adminnew/includes/functions/general.php on line 39
    [16-Nov-2010 17:20:06] same
    [17-Nov-2010 11:49:37] same
    [18-Nov-2010 11:26:23] same

I replaced the file to check for corruption above with the original file from v1.3.8 full set.
    PHP Warning: htmlspecialchars() expects at most 3 parameters, 4 given in
    /home/*/public_html/MYSTORE/adminnew/includes/functions/general.php on line 39

The error disappeared

I did the same with other files in the debug utility and replaced with v138 files

/MYSTORE/adminnew/includes/modules/product/collect_info.php on line 412
    /MYSTORE/adminnew/includes/modules/product/collect_info.php on line 299
    /MYSTORE/adminnew/includes/modules/product/collect_info.php on line 433
    and
    /MYSTORE/includes/modules/create_account.php on line 391

Result errors disappeared. GREAT!

The final error message;
    [15-Nov-2010 17:33:43] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in
    /home/*/public_html/MYSTORE/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/paypal.php on line 24

Replacing the file did not work.

In my admin>modules>payment there is still no option to install the modules, but they are all still listed.
    If I click on any of the modules nothing happens but the error message generated from debug utility is;
    MYSTORE/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/paypal.php on line 24

This is still a in a test upgrade folder to work out these issues. Every thing seems to work fine create account, checkout, email confirmation etc... accept for the payment modules.
    Thanks so much for your help.
    michael

Plugin Contributions

Please peek at this thread and apply the changes from post #6 for when using older than php v5.2.3 ...
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153143
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Please peek at this thread and apply the changes from post #6 for when using older than php v5.2.3 ...
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153143

Thanks Ajeh for the support.

I went to the thread and applied the changes. I removed "TRUE" carefully in each file to insure integrity of the PHP files.

My payment modules are still listed but cannot be enabled or installed. Everything else seems to work ok..

I understand the PCI compliance issue and working to update my server to PHP5x

I am currently running the older version PHP4x but wanted to update to PHP5 after completing the zc upgrades. Unfortunately still have 3 stores running 1.3.7 and was concerned about updating to PHP5 since 1.3.7 is not compatible with 5.

I was getting hacked and cleaning files and monitoring constantly. Have cleaned files and folders, changed admin directory name and passwords. So far, OK.

Still get this error when trying to enable any of the Payment modules in 1.3.9h, even money order;
    [19-Nov-2010 11:11:13] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/renegade/public_html/BOOMUPGRD/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/paypal.php on line 24

Should I (can I) upgrade from 1.3.7 to 1.3.8 first, upgrade to the latest PHP5 release and then update to 1.3.9h? Am under lots of pressure as holiday season approaches. The offline credit card module is no longer showing at checkout on these versions even though it is enabled.

Thank You,
    Michael

Plugin Contributions

The final error message;
    [15-Nov-2010 17:33:43] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in
    /home/*/public_html/MYSTORE/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/paypal.php on line 24

Replacing the file did not work.
    What does this file read?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Should I (can I) upgrade from 1.3.7 to 1.3.8 first, upgrade to the latest PHP5 release and then update to 1.3.9h? Am under lots of pressure as holiday season approaches. The offline credit card module is no longer showing at checkout on these versions even though it is enabled.
    Zen Cart v1.3.9h can run in php 4.3.2 or higher ...

You could upgrade to v1.3.9h and then to php 5.2.3 or higher after ...

NOTE: be sure to do full backups of both your database as well as your site ...

It is strongly recommended to upgrade a Development copy of your site and database and not your Live Site ... as in use a copy of the Live database into a new Developement database and a copy of your Live site in a new Development directory ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

What does this file read?
    Not sure what you mean. Should I post the code from this file?

public_html/MYSTORE/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/paypal.php on line 24

So you can see it?

Plugin Contributions

That would be easiest ...

You could post just lines 20-30 if you like so that we can see the code above and below the error ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

That would be easiest ...

You could post just lines 20-30 if you like so that we can see the code above and below the error ...
    from notepad

19_ define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_TEXT_ADMIN_TITLE', 'PayPal Website Payments Standard - IPN');
    20_
    21_ define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_TEXT_CATALOG_TITLE', 'PayPal');
    22_
    23_ if (IS_ADMIN_FLAG === true) {
    24_
    25_ define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_TEXT_DESCRIPTION', '<strong>PayPal Website Payments Standard (IPN)</strong> (Basic PayPal service)<br /><a href="http://www.zen-cart.com/partners/paypal-std" target="_blank">Manage your PayPal account.</a><br /><br /><font color="green">Configuration Instructions:</font><br />1. <a href="http://www.zen-cart.com/partners/paypal-std" target="_blank">Sign up for your PayPal account - click here.</a><br />2. In your PayPal account, under "Profile",<ul><li>set your <strong>Instant Payment Notification Preferences</strong> URL to:<br /><nobr><pre>'.str_replace('index.php?main_page=index','ipn_main_handler.php',zen _catalog_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, '', 'SSL')) . '</pre></nobr><br />(If another valid URL is already entered, you may leave it alone.)<br /><span class="alert">Be sure that the Checkbox to enable IPN is checked!</span><br /><br /></li><li>in <strong>Website Payments Preferences</strong> set your <strong>Automatic Return URL</strong> to:<br /><nobr><pre>'.zen_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS, '', 'SSL',false).'</pre></nobr></li>' . (defined('MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALSTD_STATUS') ? '' : '<li>... and click "install" above to enable PayPal Standard support... and "edit" to tell Zen Cart your PayPal settings.</li>') . '</ul><font color="green"><hr /><strong>Requirements:</strong></font><br /><hr />*<strong>PayPal Account</strong> (<a href="http://www.zen-cart.com/partners/paypal-std" target="_blank">click to signup</a>)<br />*<strong>*<strong>Port 80</strong> is used for bidirectional communication with the gateway, so must be open on your host\'s router/firewall<br />*<strong>Settings</strong> must be configured as described above.' );
    26_
    27_
    28_
    29_ } else {
    30_
    31_ define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_TEXT_DESCRIPTION', '<strong>PayPal</strong>');
    32_
    33_ }

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast