Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: NEW! -- Free-Shipping-and-Amount or Free-Shipping-and-Percentage (for v1.3.9h)

Firstly, I want to thank you for this great contribution!

However, Im having a little trouble as to why the taxes aren't calculating properly...

Sub-Total:

Free Shipping Options (Free Shipping):
    $0.00

Discount Coupon:
    -$40.00

13% HST (ON) #81836 3517 RT0001:
    $0.26

Total:
    $4.25

I've given a coupon for the following criteria:
    Spend over $40, receive $40 off. Restriction of Ontario.

Spend over $40, get free shipping, which they will have to click on when the shipping options appear.

Based on that:
    43.99 - 40 = 3.99 x 1.13 = 4.51.....not $4.25....

Could someone shed some light on this? I've done a few scenarios where I remove the shipping FREE option and just use the coupon version... I still have this problem...

Thank you very much! This is a great community.

Zencart V1.3.9h

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: NEW! -- Free-Shipping-and-Amount or Free-Shipping-and-Percentage (for v1.3.9h)

Alright... I believe that I solved my problem....

I filled out what need to be done on the coupon, but don't enable the free shipping... I had to enable that through admin>modules>shipping>free shipping option

For some reason when I enable that, the taxes are included in the calculations...Even when Order total>Discount coupon> Include shipping is set to false

Include Shipping
    false

Include Tax
    false

Re-calculate Tax
    Credit Note

I needed the coupon to minus the discount and recalculate tax based on the remaining amount. For some reason, it was calculating based on the original amount...

I want to thank Ajeh for the coupon code. On my cart 1.39h I was having a math problem, a very smart shopper found it.
    What I traced it to was a rounding problem.

On line 519 ( function get_order_total() ) the function zen_round() was being used and supplying a precision. What I found was my install was not providing any number for curreny->prec.

So I just eliminated the rounding and all is well now.

************ORIGINAL CODE*****************
    $order_total = array('totalFull'=>zen_round($orderTotalFull, $prec), 'total'=>zen_round($order_total, $prec), 'tax'=>zen_round($order_total_tax, $prec), 'totalInclusive'=>zen_round($orderTotalInclusive, $prec));

********* CHANGED TO *******************
    $order_total = array('totalFull'=>$orderTotalFull, $prec, 'total'=>$order_total, $prec, 'tax'=>$order_total_tax, $prec, 'totalInclusive'=>$orderTotalInclusive, $prec);

Bernie...

Plugin Contributions

Just wanted to say thank you for this mod. I do have a question from a client that has this on his store. He was telling me that as customer goes through the checkout process and puts in their discount coupon code, it shows shipping cost, even though free shipping is included, but once the final transaction has been done, the shipping ends up being free. He was curious as to why it does this. I think it is confusing his customers.

Any ideas?

webmiss

Plugin Contributions

This is a test Discount Coupon Combo for v15 to allow for:

1 Free Shipping

2 Amount Off

3 Percentage off

4 Amount Off and Free Shipping

5 Percentage Off and Free Shipping

Feedback is welcome ...

NOTE: File updated check you have DiscountCombo_v15B.zip
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ajeh; 25 Jun 2012 at 02:40 AM. Reason: Update Discount Coupon Combo to v15B
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

MAYDAY

I thought this worked when I tested it on 1.3.8a yesterday. Come to find out it doesn't - and my boss is down south at a convention vendor fair where we have advertised 5% and free shipping! HELP!

It's somehow miscalculating the % off with shipping and seems to be doubling the final discount, but not exactly 100% doubled.

Anyone using this on 1.3.8a?

Example:
    Sub-Total: $118.97
    Economy Shipping : $3.99
    Discount : -$9.64
    Shipping Insurance: $0.00
    Signature Required: $0.00
    Total: $103.18

Plugin Contributions

This is not designed for v1.3.8 ... I have no idea if you can adapt it for that ...

I would only use the 1 of the 3 choices and not try to combine them in v1.3.8 ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

The fix is working great for me.

Thanks Ajeh for the help. The only thing I would suggest is that the discount seperate the % off and the subtraction of the shipping cost. so that the client can see that they are getting x%off plus the free shipping. I do not know how hard that would be to show, but it might be nice.

Plugin Contributions

At this time, Discount Coupons only show the total amount of the Discount ...

We will keep it in mind as an idea for the future ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: NEW! -- Free-Shipping-and-Amount or Free-Shipping-and-Percentage (for v1.3.9h)

We had a problem that the taxes were not calculated properly. The shop is displaying taxes like normally in EU it is the way in consumer business, and the shipping has also sales taxes in it. Previously a discount coupon given to FREE shipping (only that, no amounts), gave the discount amount as the shipping amount minus taxes. Now after installing this "module" or "fix", it goes correctly.

PREVIOUSLY:
    Shipping fee: 16.00 euro
    Discount coupon: -13.01 euro (missing the 23% of tax compared for the sh

NOW CORRECTLY:
    Shipping fee: 16.00 euro
    Discount coupon: -16.00 euro

Just wanted to report that people who had similar problems knows that this fix helps on those cases. We have version: v1.3.9h.
    I may be blond but at least I found Zen.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast