Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default ERROR: date.timezone not set in php.ini

Hi, I am trying to install zen-cart-v1.3.9h-full-fileset-10262010.
    Once uploaded to my server I attempt to install but get stuck with the following message.
    ERROR: date.timezone not set in php.ini. Please contact your hosting company to set the timezone in the server PHP configuration before continuing.
    I have altered the php.ini to show my time zone and restarted apache2. that did nothing.
    I then uncommented the
    ; date.timezone = Europe/London
    I then tried moving the line to the top of the Date config section.
    All whilst restarting apache afterwards.
    But guess what
    It just wont work.
    I run a ubuntu server 10.10 with apache2 and php5.
    and now I think It's time to give up.
    I checked the apache site and the php site for fixes, but nothing worked. Has anyone come across this problem before.?
    Thanks, any help would be great

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ERROR: date.timezone not set in php.ini

If you search the forums for date.timezone not set you'll find several threads describing the same problem. One might contain a solution.

Plugin Contributions

You might have a good find here

Also try to raise awereness I spent 2 hours on this before comming up with a solution... Others have spent more... :/

robert

Plugin Contributions

Hi, I am having just the same issue but just don´t seem to get the right solution.

@stevesh would it be too much asking a more concrete thread when you mention search for "date.timezone"

Thanks all very much.
    I am spanish life coaching passionate women exploring life. I love nature and Zen and the author of tratamiento para la ansiedad

Plugin Contributions

Someone hijacked a two-year old thread. Scroll down the page to similar threads. Those may help. It may also be a language file problem if it works in English and not Spanish.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

@samanthahq, have you talked to your hosting company? It's the webserver's PHP configuration that's incomplete, and the hosting company is in charge of the PHP configuration, so they're best equipped to address the problem. (that's largely why the same is mentioned in the error message text)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I am trying to install v 1.5.1 and got this error today....it looks as if there was never a definitive answer, is there? I know some of you may understand, but sitting here looking for the answer to ONE question for hours on end is such a problem. I am tired, my eyes hurt, and all I see is complaint, after complaint, but no answers. I really want to use this product, but....if I can't get it installed, where do I go from here? I asked my host for assistance, and their response was I had to do it myself.

their response:
    Vinod B: Steps to set the time zone for php application in php.ini
    Vinod B: 1. create file timezone.php
    Vinod B: <?
    Vinod B: date_default_timezone_set ( "Asia/Manila" )
    Vinod B: ?>
    Vinod B: 2. Then in php.ini
    Vinod B: auto_prepend_file
    Vinod B: /home/xxxx/timezone.php
    Vinod B: Example:
    Vinod B: auto_prepend_file = /home/users/web/b2689/moo.indy2k11/timezone.php

My response what??????
    I wish the person who mentioned they spent 2 hours on this before coming up with a solution would share that very same solution. I just want to move on with this already...please HELP REALLY HELP REAL HELP IS NEEDED HERE HELP I am begging!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Did you ask your host (assuming that's who "Vinod B" is) *where* your php.ini is supposed to go on your server? Only your hosting company can tell you where that file ought to be placed.

After you have that piece of information, then you can work on putting the correct contents into it. They showed you one option, but there is probably another easier one. But without you first knowing from them what folder your php.ini file MUST be placed in, there's no point in us offering further info, since it's your host's server configuration that's at fault. (ie: your host's server doesn't have a timezone set into PHP !!!!!!! )

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Did you ask your host (assuming that's who "Vinod B" is) *where* your php.ini is supposed to go on your server? Only your hosting company can tell you where that file ought to be placed.

After you have that piece of information, then you can work on putting the correct contents into it. They showed you one option, but there is probably another easier one. But without you first knowing from them what folder your php.ini file MUST be placed in, there's no point in us offering further info, since it's your host's server configuration that's at fault. (ie: your host's server doesn't have a timezone set into PHP !!!!!!! )
    yes I know where the php.ini file is located...I just don't know what in there I am supposed to change etc.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If it's a complete file, there will already be a line saying:
    Code:
    date.timezone=America/New_York
    ... or whatever timezone the server is configured for.
    But, since yours is apparently missing it (else the error message wouldn't appear), that line must be missing or has a comment symbol before it to disable it.

So ... add that line to yours. Set to your correct timezone.

More information at http://www.php.net/manual/en/timezones.php

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast