Plugin Contributions

Default 1 Product - 2 Categories - not master

Hey guys,
    I'm trying to list a product in two seperate categories, but am having a problem with using one of the categories as a master. The site i'm working on is a furniture site, so the 2 categories wanted are lets say Bed and Range

Having it in a Bed category so people can view all the different bed types

but also in a Range category to view matching furniture from that product range.

My problem is that currently they have the Range as the master category, but when you go to the product via 'Bed', if you click the links at the bottom for next/last product (i.e it says Product 1/6 - Prev - Listing - Next) it brings you to the next product in the 'Range' but not 'Bed'

What i'd like is to have the product in the 2 categories, and to navigate to the next/prev product of the relevant category

Hope this all makes sense,
    Regards
    ross

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1 Product - 2 Categories - not master

Quote Originally Posted by rosta View Post
    What i'd like is to have the product in the 2 categories, and to navigate to the next/prev product of the relevant category
    ross
    As far as my knowledge goes that is how it is supposed to work (it does in my shop)

Plugin Contributions

At the moment for what what happens is lets say i've a product in 2 categories
    Bedframes and Bianca Range

Bianca Range as the master category

If I'm viewing items in Bedframes, and using 'next' and 'previous' when i come across a bedframe from the bianca range, the next time i use 'next' or 'previous' it will show me an item from the bianca range as opposed to continuing on with bedframes

I didnt develop this site myself, i've just taken over maintanence and upgrading so i'm not sure exactly what was done to it in development phase.

I have contacted the old developer to see if he can help me resolve the issue.

For the moment to experiment with creating fresh products and doing this i have made dummy products in a category, hit copy, link product, select the new category and create

Now i have 'Test product' in both categories, but again, next/previous only recognises the master category.

The only other option i can see, is to just duplicate the product, but now the prices arent linked, which isnt a major problem for some products only in 1/2 categories, but still isnt ideal.

Thanks for the comment though, hearing that this works on someone elses site gives me hope!

Plugin Contributions