Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Change color of required text stars in "How Did You Hear About Us?" add on

I am trying to change the color of the little stars or asterisks that appears next to the referral fields from the "How Did You Hear About Us?" add on. Zen Cart's are red, but these appear to be black.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Change color of required text stars in "How Did You Hear About Us?" add on

I believe that the stars are images
    You need to locate them and replace with images o the color you want
    Use the same image type and names
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Change color of required text stars in "How Did You Hear About Us?" add on

I do not believe they are images. I could not right-click on them. Just for clarification purposes, here is an image with two of the asterisks circled:

Name:  Screen shot 2010-12-03 at 12.08.48 AM.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  38.0 KB

Plugin Contributions

Those are text "asterisk's" and are not designitated seperately from all the rest of the text
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    Those are text "asterisk's" and are not designitated seperately from all the rest of the text
    So they cannot be changed?

Plugin Contributions

They can be changed using the stylesheet.

Look for .alert{color:red;margin-left:0.5em;} in stylesheet.css, you can change the colour here.

Bear in mind though that will also change other text such as 'Required information' and '(at least 7 characters)' etc.

If you want to change the asterisks only you will have to give them a different class.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by PGlad View Post
    They can be changed using the stylesheet.

Look for .alert{color:red;margin-left:0.5em;} in stylesheet.css, you can change the colour here.

Bear in mind though that will also change other text such as 'Required information' and '(at least 7 characters)' etc.

If you want to change the asterisks only you will have to give them a different class.
    That changes the color for the standard ones. I want to change the ones for the add-on. How can I do that?

Plugin Contributions

I want to change the ones for the add-on. How can I do that?
    f you review your posts....You have not stated what addons you have
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

If you're using the 'How did you hear about us' mod, this also uses the <span class="alert"> in this file:

tpl_modules_create_account.php

This file is supplied with the mod and overwrites the default version supplied with Zencart. This is the location of the file:

includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_modules_create_account.php

If you change the class .alert{color:red;margin-left:0.5em;} in your stylesheet at:

includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/css/stylesheet.css then this should also change the asterisks in tpl_modules_create_account.php, if it doesn't then I'm not sure why.

What you can do however, is to open tpl_modules_create_account.php, and wherever you see <span class="alert"> (18 occurences I think), change this to something like <span class="blueAlert"> - then in -

includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/css/stylesheet.css create a new line under

.alert{color:red;margin-left:0.5em;} and change this to
    .blueAlert{color:blue;margin-left:0.5em;}

and see if that works for you?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by PGlad View Post
    If you're using the 'How did you hear about us' mod, this also uses the <span class="alert"> in this file:

tpl_modules_create_account.php

This file is supplied with the mod and overwrites the default version supplied with Zencart. This is the location of the file:

includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_modules_create_account.php

If you change the class .alert{color:red;margin-left:0.5em;} in your stylesheet at:

includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/css/stylesheet.css then this should also change the asterisks in tpl_modules_create_account.php, if it doesn't then I'm not sure why.

What you can do however, is to open tpl_modules_create_account.php, and wherever you see <span class="alert"> (18 occurences I think), change this to something like <span class="blueAlert"> - then in -

includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/css/stylesheet.css create a new line under

.alert{color:red;margin-left:0.5em;} and change this to
    .blueAlert{color:blue;margin-left:0.5em;}

and see if that works for you?
    I tried that, but it did not work. Changing the span class only affected the default asterisks, not the ones from the module.

Is there anything else I can do? Thank you for the help so far.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast