Italy, next to Venice, drop by when in premises.
    Plugin Contributions

Default Multilanguage by clicking a flag or something!

Headache!

To me that I am a NEVER WILL BE programmer... lol

History:

I installed my Zencart in the root og my Godaddy hosting in August 2010, using version: v1.3.9e

I had all the troubles a greenhorn with no PHP experience can have, and by september it was working fine in english, so I added my first product, the english version of my DVD downloadable book, and headache again to set the download multiple .rar packs on zen cart on "godaddy", strange combination, add "paypal" having special settings in the "godaddy" server and you get the picture.

Than I uploaded some 30 free products (downloadable) to get traffic, it worked just fine.

Now my Italian version of the DVD downlaodable book is ready, I uploaded the ***.rar modules to be downloaded and made a new product, the whole product page is in Italian, but not the rest of the site.

So if a native speaker in italian reaches my site, will have to struggle through the english pages to find the italian book, with the most probable result they give in after 2 minutes and go away from my site.

And since some friends of mines are right now translating in German, French, Swedish, and Romanian, same thing will happen later on with those languages.

What am I looking for is to learn HOW to produce paralel translations of the Category pages and the main page so that when somebody enters my site the main page will be in ENGLISH, ... BUT with a line of FLAGS of the different nations that I have the site version translated for, so the poor dude just clicks his language flag, and TADA.... the site is in his language.

I am aware I will have to provide the translations myself (well... my friends) but what can I do with the pages?

I only have an ENGLISH folder in my directory, is there any patch that can add other language folders with all the things preinstalled inside, so I only have to go fil in my texts just like I did for the english?

From the whole bunch I read online, and there is not much on that, the only feasable thing is the

Multi-Language EZ-Pages
    downloadable patch, but that won't solve my problem, or I didn't understood yet how.

Headache!

The other 3 things I found I didn't got a clue out of them, maybe I am to hard headed, wouldn't know:

https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=231

https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=117

http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

If there is ANYBODY that did what I need to do before, be so kind and try to explain it to mee too, plain language please, thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Zencart multilanguage by clicking a flag or something!

If I understand the question, you need to install a language pack. This one might work:

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=263

These translate the basic Zencart stuff. Obviously, your custom content is up to you.

There's a Languages sidebox for language selection, and I think there might be mods to put it in the header.