Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

help question I want: Always Free Shipping to USA Only & No Shipping to Any Other Country

How can i set up Always Free Shipping to the USA ONLY...
    AND...
    NO Shipping to any other country ?

I already set up Always Free Shipping...and made a Zone 1 to USA...but when I test it with another Country Address i can still purchase a product and get free shipping...which I do not want to provide.

For simplicity, I just want to sell & offer Free Shipping to USA.
    and then have a notice when someone from outside the USA tries to purchase something (International Customers) that says: "Sorry...International Customers cannot purchase products unless they are Shipped to a USA address"

Thank You Sincerely in advance for your Help !

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Always Free Shipping to USA Only & No Shipping to Any Other Country

Build a Zone Definition for the US with only the parts of the US that you ship to in the DETAILS ...

If you ship to All of the US, which is all 50 States plus DC plus all US Islands and Territories and Armed Forces then set the DETAILS on the Zone to
    Zone: All Zones

Otherwise, build the Zone Details to include the parts of the US that you do ship to ...

Once the Zone is built, then add it to the FREE SHIPPING freeshipper shipping module ...

Now, only people with shipping addresses that qualify based on the Details of your Zone Definition will be able to checkout ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Always Free Shipping to USA Only & No Shipping to Any Other Country...

Dear Ajeh Oba-San,
    Thank you for your prompt response and for helping so many people, as I have noticed and read many of your answers to questions throughout the Forum.

A BIG THANKS to people like you who are taking their time to help others !

And...Now...So extremely Sorry to be such a "newbie"...
    But...I cannot follow your directions because I do not understand where to go to "Build a Zone Definition "...?

1.) Do I Go To: Modules>Shipping>ZoneRates to
    "Build a Zone Definition "...?
    If so...

2.) Do I turn:
    Enable Zone Method
    Do you want to offer zone rate shipping? to TRUE...?

3.) What would the Calculation Method be?
    (weight, price or Item)

4.)What do I fill in all the rest of the areas in the Zone Rates boxes?
    For Example: What do I put in the Skip Countries Box and...

5.)Where do I put...the words you suggest?

...i would guess that I should put these words in the Zone 1 Box, but the Zone 1 Box says to use a two letter code...hmmmm...so this makes me think that I should not put the words you suggest in the Zone 1 Box...so that is why I am asking to know where to put these words: Country:United States and Zone:All Zones...?

Maybe I am looking and thinking in the complete wrong direction?

Basically, I am very sorry to have to tell you that I do not know how to do what you suggest......and I hope that you do not mind and understand that since I am new to this......it will take some time and patience to learn this thoroughly.

However, I very much appreciate your help and suggestions in any way that you can help to clarify this for me.
    Thank You again Sincerely !!

ps. I did purchase and read all of the good book "e-start your web store with zencart" and i did search for and read everything I could about Shipping on this Forum & the FAQs... so you know that I am not just asking without trying to figure out some of these things myself.
    Thanks for understanding this zenner "newbie".
    Last edited by jane; 3 Dec 2010 at 11:21 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: I want: Always Free Shipping to USA Only & No Shipping to Any Other Country

Scratch all preconceived ideas and let's start with the Locations / Taxes ... Zones Definitions ...

Click the INSERT button ...

Zone Name: US Free Shipping Only

Description: US Only

Click the DETAILS button ...

If ALL of the United States then use:

If only some of the United States then you need to build the Details for each one ...

Example: For Alabama ...
    Zone: Alabama
    Click INSERT button ...

and keep adding the pieces of the United States that are allowed for the Free Shipping to be used ...

Once this is built, go to the Modules ... Shipping ... and edit the FREE SHIPPING freeshipper and you will see a Zone setting ... add the new one that you created:
    US Free Shipping Only
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: I want: Always Free Shipping to USA Only & No Shipping to Any Other Country

THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH Ajeh Oba-san !!!

Now just one last question...

At the Modules>Shipping>ZoneRates...

Do I keep the Enable Shipping Zones setting at True or False?

Either setting it makes a yellow signal there.

Hmmmm....maybe it doesn't matter...

Just wondering.

I wish you happiness in a zen state of mind every day !

THANKS !

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: I want: Always Free Shipping to USA Only & No Shipping to Any Other Country

You only want to offer Free Shipping to US only based on your new Zone Definition ...

All of your Products are marked as:
    Always Free Shipping YES

The only shipping module that should be installed is the FREE SHIPPING freeshipper with the Zone setting set to your new US Free Shipping Only Zone definition that you created ...

All other shipping modules should NOT be installed ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Have a Drink Re: I want: Always Free Shipping to USA Only & No Shipping to Any Other Country

THANK YOU !
    THANK YOU !
    THANK YOU !
    Ajeh Oba-san ....for taking the time to answer my questions.

Everything works fine...as you have guided me to make it happen.

Enjoy the Holidays ! ...and every day do what you enjoy !

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update that this is working properly for you ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: I want: Always Free Shipping to USA Only & No Shipping to Any Other Country

Dear Ajeh Oba-san,
    Oh...sorry to say...
    Now...there is no sign that says "Free Shipping" as before.

I would like my Customers to know "up front" that there is Free Shipping to the USA (since my prices are a bit higher with some shipping cost included in the price already.

Before...on the product page, next to the pic of the product there was the sign "Free Shipping" (i would like to have this showing again)

1.) How do I get the "Free Shipping" Image to show up again ?

2.) How/where can I change the words in the Shipping Rates Pop Up Window to say: "Free Shipping to the USA and Sorry...No International Shipping" (...since there is no text that states this...and just a price rate $32.00 shows up if you choose a Country & Code other than the USA)

3.) Also...i did everything that you instructed and at: Modules>Shipping all the signal lights are red except the Free Shipping signal light is yellow...is that the color it should be?
    (...just checking)

Thank You in advance for any help that you can give me on this !

It's sincerely appreciated !
    Last edited by jane; 10 Dec 2010 at 11:36 PM.

Plugin Contributions

U can see what I am talking about at the zen cart store i am working on: www.jeepart.com/decals_stickers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast