Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EXCEL Populate

Quote Originally Posted by drewtracy View Post
    When I click on Generate, I get a 500 error page. this is what is in the address bar with the admin directory xx out ......http://www.tracysjewelry.cz.cc/xxxxx...=start_cr_file. I followed the install instrutions and not sure what I did wrong. Thanks in advance.

Andy
    The problem can be because you have to use 64bit version. Please download latest addon

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EXCEL Populate [Support]

Oscommerce version of Excel Populate used at many different stores. It tested many times. One of store used it to work with 84 000 products. Other to work with 34 000 products.

Zen Cart version is new and free. It does not tested many times. I used it several times for my clients without problems.

I know possible problems:
    1. Slow server or many limitations for hosting. If you have lots of products then please generate and populate part of products at once.

2. 64bit server . Please use correct includes/excel/ folder.

3. BACKUP database before populate!!! This is very important.

Thanks for everybody.

Plugin Contributions

I have a question regarding the links column. The links column gives the name of the image only (i.e. photo.jpg.) Is there a way to make it insert a url in front each image name. Basically here it is.

Have In Links Colunmn: photo.jpg.
    Need By Default In Links Column: www.example.com/images/photo.jpg.

Thank you for your help.

- New Guy

Plugin Contributions

HI

I started a new thread because I didn't know this one was here. Please can you take a look and offer some advice.

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...31#post1026231

Regards

John

Plugin Contributions

I am really annoyed with excel populate. I have succesfully exported my products etc and then imported into a fresh install. When I go into a product none of the details are there. If I cancel the detail remains as per the import. I can view all the detail in the online store. If I change the Qty and update it loses all the detail apart from the price and SKU. Help

Plugin Contributions

Hi

I am having a installation problem I think with Excel populate.

I followed the instructions and the option Excel Populate comes up in the catalog options in the admin control panel, but I just get an error message saying The requested URL /zc_admin/FILENAME_EXCEL.php was not found on this server, when I click on it.

I wasn't that sure about step 4 on the readme install guide. I created a file called filenames.php the contents of which are:
    <?php
    define('FILENAME_EXCEL', 'excel.php');
    ?>

and added it to the zc_admin/includes directory

Any ideas as it looks like it will be really useful.
    thanks
    colin

Plugin Contributions

Hi kmbi,

Did you find any solution to this? If so please share. I have just tried installing this and come up to a similar problem. I should have searched the forum first!

Thanks in hope!

Tyron

Quote Originally Posted by kmbi View Post
    Hi,
    I tested this mod too.
    ZC 1.3.9h with few mods - Ceon uri, Lightbox, Additional product fields ...
    1. Excell export work fine. There is xls file created with correct time stamp.
    2. Excell import - part of it works:
    - when ID column heading is changed to PPL, upload file and click on populate - SQL error appears:
    1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's Clothing' and cd.language_id=1' at line 1
    in:
    [select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name from categories c, categories_description cd where c.categories_id=cd.categories_id and c.parent_id=0 and cd.categories_name='Men's Clothing' and cd.language_id=1]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

- when you hit BACK button you will see that there is products out of any category. The problem is that there is in database, in table Products field "master_category_id", but excel populate sending value to field "category_id". SQL script stops. Only first product in list is particularly added.

- there is no record in table "products_to_categories" - this is the reason for invisible products, located out of any category. If you try to add manual field in table "products_to_categories" product appears.

3. DO NOT try to rename defined categories_id to master_categories_id. Everything in DB goes wrong... You can add additional def "master_categories_id" in excell.php

I'll try to rewrite defs in excell.php. There is need of additional $products_to_categories, I thing... If someone can help, this will be good. I'll share the solution when I have it.

Plugin Contributions

Fantastic installed on second attempt. The first was my bad, you know how sometimes you think you know what you just read...

Did get one little error message up in excel said on opening the file. pop-up window saying

File error: data may have been lost.

Will try some changes and additions-> up-load and redownload the file see if it happens again.

Unless this is a know issue of course

Other than that Thank you and have a good christmas

Plugin Contributions

when posting new products it would be great if you guys can explain how to install the products step by step and put out a youtube video on how to use it.it really help us newbies out.....thanks

i just added it into my admin folder where easy populate is dont know if it did anything

Plugin Contributions

Hi to all, I am having problem with excel populate. My store is in Bulgarian and when I export my products to a xls sheet I get only "Креатинът д" it seems that there is some kind of a problem with the encoding, but I cannot find how to fix it... I tried to import to Open Office then save as CSV with UTF-8 format but still nothing , can you please help me!

Thanks

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast