Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EXCEL Populate

I've been fiddling about with this for a week or so.
    I did generate some files, found them, downloaded and they did not open properly.

Then it just stopped working and would not generate files.

As I have several add-ons I have just created a totally fresh zencart shop on another domain and downloaded just this add-on to see if there is a clash somewhere.

Still won't generate a file.

I get the following error message:

[01-Oct-2012 15:51:05] PHP Warning: tempnam() [<a href='function.tempnam'>function.tempnam</a>]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File() is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/:/usr/lib/php/:/usr/local/lib/php/:/usr/share/php/:/tmp:/usr/local/apache/htdocs/) in /home/z26plas/public_html/zencart/tony/includes/excel/OLE/PPS/File.php on line 87

The worry about this whole thread is that there seem to be many people finding problems but not many saying "Super - works now". Which is not very encouraging.

Should I persevere or give up?

Thanks
    Tony

Plugin Contributions

Seems I'm having the same issues as others in the past. Could someone please give me some information on what they did to solve the problem.
    I have output my catalogue into excel I have made some alterations and when I try to populate the file back into Zen Cart I get the following message:
    Server error
    The website encountered an error while retrieving http://www.bnesupplies.com.au/myadmi...products_1.xls. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
    Here are some suggestions:
    Reload this webpage later.
    HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.
    How do I get it to input the spreadsheets. I really don't want to have to sit here and enter things in one at a time.

Plugin Contributions

I can't help you with your problems, because I do not know this mod, but I think it will be easier to use some other populate mod. The original author has not been around for almost 2 years, and the person who updated this mod has been online only once.
    Maybe someone will step up to update and support this mod, but until then I recommend using easy populate

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EXCEL Populate [Support]

IS this product still being supported?
    I am running the os64 version?:

I too am having errors.
    1. The exported xl file is showing errors when I open it with Excel
    2. after changing the exported files to reflect 2 new product adds / 1 product deletion / 3 product changes.
    I upload and all appears ok until I populate then I receive the white page with this error "WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again."
    If I go back to the zcart admin page I see this error :
    Products populated
    Products sheet: wrong manufacturers name for product with id=7
    and no changes took .. in the database.

I have 12,000 products to import.. so I really need this to work.. let us know something.. as I appear to not be the only one

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Excel Populate

Quote Originally Posted by funna_21 View Post
    hi guys got an issue with EXCEL POPULATE . when i upload the spreadsheet with all the data completed upload is fine. but when i go to click populate a blank white screen appears.. can someone help me ?
    Any word on the fix for this one?

Plugin Contributions

See my earlier post

Quote Originally Posted by Design75 View Post
    I can't help you with your problems, because I do not know this mod, but I think it will be easier to use some other populate mod. The original author has not been around for almost 2 years, and the person who updated this mod has been online only once.
    Maybe someone will step up to update and support this mod, but until then I recommend using easy populate

wanna have a teat, hope it can simplify some process.

Nice thing,thank you a lot, it's useful.As for the errors, I'm lucky that haven't met.

Plugin Contributions

It says file has been successfully generated. But there is no download link to generated file.
    What is wrong with Excel populate?
    Success File products_20131017202358.xls has been generated

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gsmsalers View Post
    It says file has been successfully generated. But there is no download link to generated file.
    What is wrong with Excel populate?
    Success File products_20131017202358.xls has been generated
    You should see the file name listed on that page, click the name and it should download.

I went through the first 5 pages of this forum and didn't see anyone that got this to work. I just tried and it didn't work and it is a little clunky to work with the excel file.

I managed to download a catalog which looked great. When I added 3 items and tried to upload the products I had to rename the _64bit folder to just 'excel' anddelete the old 'excel' folder because I'm on a 64bit operating sys. that got the import working. Then I lost one product and didn't gain any. I think I'll just try another.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast