Plugin Contributions

red flag FedEx shipping rates!

I have completed fresh install 1.3.9f on 4 shopping carts, 1 is main company cart and 3 dealer carts that are copies of the main cart with 1.3.8a upgrade databases and all previous modules installed with upgrade if one avaiable.

I have started checking shipping modules to insure they are still correct. USPS is correct but I found FedEx is way off.

I have started checking using my old FedEx bills and FedEx Ship Manager against what the new 1.4.5.2 FedEx version shows. They are off about $23% or more.

I changed “FedEx Domestic variable surcharge” from 0 to a -23% (yes a minus) and that will will drop both Ground Delivery and Home delivery equally, with Home Delivery about correct and Ground Delivery still about 25% to high compared to FedEx Ship Manager for shipping 5.34 pounds from 79707 ship to 97504 (OR).

I have inserted a $ -1.00 (yes a minus) in the "Residential surcharge” and it makes the change effective in FedEx Ground instead of Home Delivery. Now the Ground Delivery matches FedEx ship manager. My actual residential surcharge is $2.20 and this factor should cause the Home Delivery to increase not the Ground Delivery “Business rates”

Then leaving these factors in Shipping Module I check it from 79707 to 11229 (NY) and it was within a few pennies of FedEx List Rates. The other carts showed the same which they should.

Anyone else found FedEx rates being off?

In ZC the "Estimated Shipping Cost" what is being called FedEx Ground Delivery is that really Home Delivery since residential surcharge causes Ground Delivery to change or is it correct and changing the wrong one? If I am not mistaken the other night I put in a company and Home Delivery went away.

I will leave my little bit of bailing wire and duct tape to keep things running until someone can figure this out.

Thanks
    Larry

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: FedEx shipping rates!

Yes I've found all FedEx Ground rates are incorrect.

Running v1.3.9b using FedEx module 1.4.x.

The module is installed all is working smoothly except the rates coming up on each sale are consistently incorrect (too high). For instance a 7.5 lb pulls a shipping rate of $25.74 and it should be $11.33 according to FedEx Shipping Manager in my account on the FedEx web site.

Another example - 1.75 lbs pulls a shipping rate of $20.14 and it should be $10.20 according to FedEx Shipping Manager in my account on the FedEx web site.

FedEx advised me "in ZC there should be a toggle for "list" and "account" rates. When you find it the one we want is "list" which will pull listed FE rates. The "account" setting will pull the negotiated rates for my account, which are discounted off the list".

Looked inside the module and the only thing close to what FedEx advised is:
    Show List Rates?
    This needs to be left set to false
    (I checked FALSE and it functions).
    Then I selected TRUE and tried to complete a purchase and shipping always came up as $0

I tried adjusting other things in the module like: Sort Rates - but nothing made a difference.

Any ideas on how I get the shipping rates corrected?

Plugin Contributions

This is Darla again with further info from a an additional conversation with FedEx.

Spoke with FedEx again and got a different answer. FedEx insists that I am accessing the test server and NOT the production server.

Of course I triple checked the module "WHICH SERVER TO USE" and I have selected PRODUCTION and updated.

FedEx insists the test server is in force because the shipping prices appearing are very high. As proof he pointed to a snip of code he had me search for in the ZC file fedexground.php :
    function _AccessFedex($data)
    {
    if (MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX_GROUND_SERVER == 'production') {
    $this->server = 'gateway.fedex.com/GatewayDC';
    } else {
    $this->server = 'gatewaybeta.fedex.com/GatewayDC';
    }

So I'm confused. Can anyone offer any direction to have the correct shipping rates display? Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Darla View Post
    This is Darla again with further info from a an additional conversation with FedEx.

Spoke with FedEx again and got a different answer. FedEx insists that I am accessing the test server and NOT the production server.

Of course I triple checked the module "WHICH SERVER TO USE" and I have selected PRODUCTION and updated.

FedEx insists the test server is in force because the shipping prices appearing are very high. As proof he pointed to a snip of code he had me search for in the ZC file fedexground.php :
    function _AccessFedex($data)
    {
    if (MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX_GROUND_SERVER == 'production') {
    $this->server = 'gateway.fedex.com/GatewayDC';
    } else {
    $this->server = 'gatewaybeta.fedex.com/GatewayDC';
    }

So I'm confused. Can anyone offer any direction to have the correct shipping rates display? Thanks.

This module calculates correctly. What is wrong is it is backwards meaning it works off of Home instead of Ground.

The way this should work is you insert a % discount so cart will give you your rate based on Ground in the blank “FedEx Domestic variable surcharge”. The entry in this blank should be entered as Example 23%. It does not work this way , you have to enter a (-) negative 23% to make it work. After doing so you should notice this will change Ground and Residential an equal amount.

This next part is where it gets tricky. The only difference between Ground and Home is Home rate is around $2.20 more. In the blank for Residential surcharge you should only have to enter 2.20. If you do this you will notice it will change the Ground charges not Home.

To make this work here is what you have to do.

Insert a negative % in the “FedEx Domestic variable surcharge” to set the Home delivery to the correct amount you want. Then when you insert a (-) Negative dollar amount in the Residential blank -2.20 it will drop the Ground to the correct amount.

You will have to change Express the same way. I gave Numinix this information so they could change it.

Plugin Contributions

Does anybody know what I did wrong when the product dimensions do not show up at all>
    So when creating a product I do not see the Fedex dimensions while CanadaPost and the rest work fine...

Plugin Contributions

EZorb thanks for the lead. Spent lots of time testing different values inserted in FedEx Domestic variable surcharge and Residential surcharge in the Ground module in Zen Cart. However I'm not able to nail it.

Here's how I tested. I selected one destination zip code and 4 items each weighing a different amount. First I looked up the FX charges for Ground and Home on the FX Ship manager web site associated with my account. That gave me the correct shipping charges. I used those as target rates while I tried different combinations of percentages and numbers in the two fields - FedEx Domestic variable surcharge and Residential surcharge.

In the FedEx Domestic variable surcharge I entered and tested several dozen negative and a few positive percentages. In the Residential surcharge I entered several dozen negative and a few positive numbers.

The correct numbers (in both fields) could be set correctly for only one item but would not calculate correctly for the other three.

I further tested that one correct item in another zip code and it calculated incorrectly.

What could be the problem? Any thoughts? Is the Module not developed correctly? Thanks for your time.

Plugin Contributions

Any luck here? I am having the same problem. How are people using Fedex as a shipping option with this problem?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jcojr72 View Post
    Any luck here? I am having the same problem. How are people using Fedex as a shipping option with this problem?
    FedEx has a new shipping program that their is no ZenCart module created yet. I sure hope someone is working on this. I have gotten this old program to work to some degree as described above. So far it will charge enough to not loose money but some customers further out will be charged too much. I have not gone back and loaded an old version that did work at one time. Also I don't know if FedEx is passing correct data now.

Call FedEx if you want more understanding on the problem. I doubt that Numinex is going to put time into keeping this program working since FedEx had announced they are doing away with this software.

Plugin Contributions

Hey guys.
    I found this module @ numinix.

http://www.numinix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1044

Its for Fedex web services.