Plugin Contributions

Default Authorize.net issue

Sometime last night or this morning the site I'm working on for a friend started having Authorize.net issues.
    When you go to check out, you put in your cc number and all that in step 2, and when you hit continue it takes you to the Authorize.net site where you have to put in your cc number all over again.
    The site owner says payments go through ok, but aren't updating the order system that they are.
    It sounds a lot like the HashValue issue talked about here - http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158496
    but I don't think that's the issue at all.

It may have been something I did, but I can't figure out what.
    I recently upgraded it from 1.3.7 to the current build (about a week ago) and have spent the last week skinning it and adding a few mods that the owner wanted.

The site is http://dellortodirect.com
    The mods I've installed are-

Google Analytics - http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=891

Facebook Like Button - http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=1774

and most recently, Newsletter Subscribe - http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=106

Any template changes I've made were overrides and I'm pretty sure shouldn't have anything to do with the checkout files.. but I'm pretty new to this so I could be wrong.

Any help would be most appreciated, I gotta get this working correctly ASAP!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Authorize.net issue

I forgot to mention we're using SIM and that I currently have the site set in Paypal only mode. If you need me to turn SIM back on so that you can see the issue in action, just let me know.

Plugin Contributions

It would appear that Zen Cart is charging the customer before sending them to the Authorize.net page that requires them to fill out their CC info again. I'm not sure if doing so will charge them a second time at the moment.

This is frustrating.

Plugin Contributions

I uninstalled the Authorize.net SIM feature and reinstalled it. Suddenly I had a lot more options to fill out that weren't there before.. could it be we were using an old version some how?
    Now it no longer takes the customer to the Authorize.net credit card page and works like you'd expect it too, except now we have the "Error There has been an error processing your credit card. Please try again." issue. Money is taken, but that report is issued.
    I seem to remember seeing a thread about that on here somewhere. I'll go looking I guess.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by terrydean View Post
    It would appear that Zen Cart is charging the customer before sending them to the Authorize.net page that requires them to fill out their CC info again. I'm not sure if doing so will charge them a second time at the moment.
    If you're using SIM in the default mode ("Offsite"), then Zen Cart will NEVER actually charge the card directly ... that only happens when the customer is on the Authorize.net site entering their card details.
    I uninstalled the Authorize.net SIM feature and reinstalled it. Suddenly I had a lot more options to fill out that weren't there before.. could it be we were using an old version some how?
    Likely ... remember, when upgrading, it's necessary to click Remove and then Install on any payment and shipping modules you're using, to activate any new features in them. Similar with Order Total modules.
    Now it no longer takes the customer to the Authorize.net credit card page
    er, um, SIM in "Offsite" mode WILL take the customer to the Authorize.net site. If you want to collect the card details ON YOUR site directly, use the AIM module, as it's way more robust and straightforward.
    and works like you'd expect it too, except now we have the "Error There has been an error processing your credit card. Please try again." issue. Money is taken, but that report is issued.
    I'm not sure I follow exactly.
    Can you turn on the "Debug: Log to File" option in your Authorize.net module settings, then do a test transaction, and post the log details here? They'll be in the /cache/ folder after the transaction is done.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Likely ... remember, when upgrading, it's necessary to click Remove and then Install on any payment and shipping modules you're using, to activate any new features in them. Similar with Order Total modules.
    Oh man, I wish I had known that. I wonder if we've been having these issues ever since I upgraded and just now noticed?

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Can you turn on the "Debug: Log to File" option in your Authorize.net module settings, then do a test transaction, and post the log details here? They'll be in the /cache/ folder after the transaction is done.
    I had the site owner make a transaction and send me the log report that was emailed to him (as the site owner, he gets the emails). This is what was sent to him-

Response Code: 1.
    Response Text: This transaction has been approved.

Results Received back from Authorizenet: Array
    (
    [x_response_code] => 1
    [x_response_reason_code] => 1
    [x_response_reason_text] => This transaction has been approved.
    [x_avs_code] => Y
    [x_auth_code] => 923067
    [x_trans_id] => 3331118801
    [x_method] => CC
    [x_card_type] => MasterCard
    [x_account_number] => XXXX2618
    [x_first_name] => Daniel
    [x_last_name] => Kastner
    [x_company] =>
    [x_address] => 2973 16TH ST
    [x_city] => San Francisco
    [x_state] => California
    [x_zip] => 94103
    [x_country] => United States
    [x_phone] => 4159904076
    [x_fax] =>
    [x_email] => [email protected]
    [x_invoice_num] =>
    [x_description] => Website Purchase from Dellorto Direct
    [x_type] => auth_capture
    [x_cust_id] => 1244
    [x_ship_to_first_name] => Daniel
    [x_ship_to_last_name] => Kastner
    [x_ship_to_company] =>
    [x_ship_to_address] => 2973 16TH ST
    [x_ship_to_city] => San Francisco
    [x_ship_to_state] => California
    [x_ship_to_zip] => 94103
    [x_ship_to_country] => United States
    [x_amount] => 11.68
    [x_tax] => 0.00
    [x_duty] => 0.00
    [x_freight] => 0.00
    [x_tax_exempt] => FALSE
    [x_po_num] =>
    [x_MD5_Hash] => E5056A754D3F6E677EBD2CF4E340D130
    [x_cvv2_resp_code] =>
    [x_cavv_response] =>
    [x_test_request] => false
    [zenid] => q6uc5ai38cc74s2vi7rdi82l30
    [HashValidationValue] => F6CC4DD9737ED7461143B591AABC355B
    [HashMatchStatus] => FAIL
    [url] => https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll
    )

Plugin Contributions

I should mention that we have no MD5 Hash set up, as we thought it was optional. The field was left blank both at Authorize.net and in our Zen Cart.

Plugin Contributions

Upon further searching, we found this thread- http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...t=88057&page=2 and seem to have got it straightened out.

Thanks for the help!