Plugin Contributions

Default Upgrade, now I cant access the admin panel

I just upgraded from g to h. Only the files that needed uploading are what I uploaded/overwrote per the read me here: docs\changelog-v1-3-9h.html.

Now, I cant even get to the admin login page...500 internal server error. I can access all parts of the website itself though.

I didn't do a complete fresh install as it said only those files were new and needed to be changed from version g to h.

Server Info:

I am on a shared linux server (debian). Active CGI, MySQL is 5.0.77, PHP version is 5.2.12, SSL is active on my server as well.

I called my host and they said they already tried the AllowOverride Access All and the Limited as well. They think it is something with the htaccess file...maybe corrupted or something in it needs to be changed, etc.

Guys, I hope there is something we can fix here, whether it's the htaccess file or another work around as I would rather not have to un-install everything and start over from scratch. I didn't have any payment modules configured and didn't have any products uploaded/configured...but still I would rather not start over with uploading the template and the modules, configuring everything etc.

If I have to go back to g, I will, but then I will have the problem of html showing up in the text on my Privacy Page...which is why I upgraded to h in the first place...because of that problem! One thing after another...can't win for losing!

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgrade, now I cant access the admin panel

Forgot to say that I already cleared the cache and cookies and restarted my browser as well after install.

Plugin Contributions

I have now renamed my admin folder and changed every instance of "admin" in the admin/includes/configure.php to the new name of the folder....

I am still getting the 500 internal server error when going to my admin panel web address.

???

Plugin Contributions

I am still getting the 500 internal server error
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=63
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

If you password protected the original 'admin' folder and then renamed it without removing and restoring the folder protection then you may have a .htaccess file inside the renamed 'admin' folder which references the old address - and thus causes the error.

Vger

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Vger View Post
    If you password protected the original 'admin' folder and then renamed it without removing and restoring the folder protection then you may have a .htaccess file inside the renamed 'admin' folder which references the old address - and thus causes the error.

Vger
    Thanks for the input Kobra and Vger.

I had already read the article on 500 internal server error.

I did not password protect the admin folder...or if I did it was purely accidental, but I'm sure I didn't do that. I just renamed it, and then changed every word "admin" in the admin/includes/configure.php to the new name.

I didn't type in any password in the configure.php...just changed all the "admin" words to the new folder name.

Anybody know when version 2.0 will be coming out?