Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Dwolla Payments module

Quote Originally Posted by dkerfoot View Post
    I am seeing the exact same behavior. Latest version of Dwolla Module, Zencart 1.3.9h

When I click install and fill out the boxes, fonts on checkout_payment and subsequent steps get supersized. Happens even when Dwolla is not enabled. Click remove button and all is back to normal.

I would love to get this installed - please help!
    i ended paying someone to figure this out for me. There was one extra php closing tag (?>) , in includes/languages/english/modules/payment/dwolla.php

either way, i can't get it to work properly. it's not posting back payment or shipping method. it's posting orders in pending status even when the transaction fails. it also seems to skip an order number when placed. a little too buggy to put on my production cart.

Plugin Contributions

I was thinking about adding this Dwolla module to a website, but a little concerned about the outside links in the code: https://dzencart.herokuapp.com/logo.png and https://doscommerce.herokuapp.com/

The first image link is used in three places, and I'm assuming the image can be saved to my domain and used instead

The second link is used in the dwolla class constructor, line 42 in /includes/modules/payment/dwolla.php:
    PHP Code:
    $this->form_action_url "https://doscommerce.herokuapp.com/"
    I'm guessing that causes form submissions to post to that address, but not sure of the purpose.

Is there a way to perform the submission processes from my domain to Dwolla directly? Glancing through some of Dwolla's API information, all the calls appear to go to the dwolla.com domain, so not sure how the herokuapp.com pages are related.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shinypenguin View Post
    I was thinking about adding this Dwolla module to a website, but a little concerned about the outside links in the code: https://dzencart.herokuapp.com/logo.png and https://doscommerce.herokuapp.com/

The first image link is used in three places, and I'm assuming the image can be saved to my domain and used instead

The second link is used in the dwolla class constructor, line 42 in /includes/modules/payment/dwolla.php:
    PHP Code:
    $this->form_action_url "https://doscommerce.herokuapp.com/"
    I'm guessing that causes form submissions to post to that address, but not sure of the purpose.

Is there a way to perform the submission processes from my domain to Dwolla directly? Glancing through some of Dwolla's API information, all the calls appear to go to the dwolla.com domain, so not sure how the herokuapp.com pages are related.
    Ya, I'd be pretty suspicious of that too.
    Contact dwolla directly to confirm.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Ya, I'd be pretty suspicious of that too.
    Contact dwolla directly to confirm.
    Its a cloud app platform. Looks like they offload the processing / gateway to that service.

https://www.heroku.com/

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Limitless View Post
    Its a cloud app platform. Looks like they offload the processing / gateway to that service.

https://www.heroku.com/
    Just to follow up, I contacted Dwolla and they confirmed the page is run by them. Here is the explanation:

OSCommerce (and ZenCart, for that matter), requires that you make a POST type request from the checkout confirmation page, and into the payment gateway's page. Unfortunately, our "direct-submission" method only allows developers to specify 1 product, and is otherwise very limited and what you can pass to it. I've created that heroku page to act as a gateway between that direct POST submission, and our offsite gateway's "Server-to-server" protocol.
    They also provided the source code (basically just a simple redirect) to allow running the page on my own server. Haven't installed the module yet, but will probably self-host the redirect to avoid any potential Heroku downtime or security issues.

On a side note, their customer service gave a very good impression. After interacting with Google Checkout/Wallet support previously, I felt bad for any of our customers who may have had to deal with Google support.
    Last edited by shinypenguin; 11 Jul 2013 at 09:26 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Great module! I have one question though. If I click confirm order it takes me to the dwolla pay as guest/login to account page. There is an option to cancel and return to store. I click that and it brings me back to "successful checkout" should it not send me back to step 2 of checkout? also it generates a pending transaction in zencart. I hope to get this up and running soon.

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Dwolla Payments module

I'm a new user of zen-cart. and recently I installed Dwolla (version 3.1.1) on my site.( my zen-cart version 1.5)

I created API from https://www.dwolla.com/applications/create .
    I put the API and secret key in the proper places. But i can't find Dwolla working on my site.
    What can be the problem?

In zen-cart admin panel, Dwolla configuration has a line such as: "When registering a Dwolla Application for this site, you will need to input this Webhook URL:"

I don't know where to use this given URL.

Please help me.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mohsenalam View Post
    I'm a new user of zen-cart. and recently I installed Dwolla (version 3.1.1) on my site.( my zen-cart version 1.5)

I created API from https://www.dwolla.com/applications/create .
    I put the API and secret key in the proper places. But i can't find Dwolla working on my site.
    What can be the problem?

In zen-cart admin panel, Dwolla configuration has a line such as: "When registering a Dwolla Application for this site, you will need to input this Webhook URL:"

I don't know where to use this given URL.

Please help me.
    Old question, but responding in case you did not solve already. From the readme: "Find your application (https://www.dwolla.com/applications) and follow the Edit Features link. Set "Web Hook Notifications" to Enabled and paste the Webhook URL into the "All URL" field. Type in your PIN and submit the form."

Quote Originally Posted by dereck72 View Post
    Great module! I have one question though. If I click confirm order it takes me to the dwolla pay as guest/login to account page. There is an option to cancel and return to store. I click that and it brings me back to "successful checkout" should it not send me back to step 2 of checkout? also it generates a pending transaction in zencart. I hope to get this up and running soon.
    Have you found a solution to this? I finally got around to installing this mod and I'm experiencing the same issue. I checked the server log and the return URL for a cancelled payment is:

"/index.php?main_page=checkout_process&referer=dwolla&error=failure&error_desc ription=User+Cancelled"

Which is 302 redirected to:

"/index.php?main_page=checkout_success"

I haven't done much looking yet, but I would guess the "&" in the URL is problematic, and I haven't found where the URL error messages are handled by the Dwolla module to prevent checkout completion. I'm guessing it will need to be bounced back to the shopping cart or the payment selection page.

Plugin Contributions

Unfortunately I haven't. I am not savy enough to fix it myself. Was it also generating an unpaid order ID on the admin page for you as well? Also, it didn't show in my account under the ID I placed the order through, but I did get redirected back to the congratulations checkout complete page. I figure that's got to have an affect on inventory. Sorry for the late reply, I have put my site to the side for now as I had too much going on atm. Hopefully can get it going soon.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dereck72 View Post
    Unfortunately I haven't. I am not savy enough to fix it myself. Was it also generating an unpaid order ID on the admin page for you as well? Also, it didn't show in my account under the ID I placed the order through, but I did get redirected back to the congratulations checkout complete page. I figure that's got to have an affect on inventory. Sorry for the late reply, I have put my site to the side for now as I had too much going on atm. Hopefully can get it going soon.
    Yes, it was generating the unpaid order for me also. I fixed the & in the URL, but it didn't make a difference. I am pretty sure the response parameters are not being handled by the mod, and after reviewing the code a bit, it looks like there may be some other potential issues.

The mod creates a new order ID when the customer chooses Dwolla on the "Payment Information" page. The temporary orders are then deleted the next time Dwolla is chosen as the payment method, if no extra information was saved to the order (this looks like a potential issue if more than one customer uses Dwolla at the same time, though I have not tested it).

Extra information is saved when the customer hits the "Confirm Order" button and is taken to the Dwolla payment page, so the order will not get deleted automatically as it normally would. The mod also appears to skip some of Zen Carts built in order processing commands, such as creating the order (since most other payment methods create the order AFTER confirmed payment, rather than before - which eliminates the issue of temporary order deletions and concurrent checkouts), deducting inventory, and sending emails, and it is looks like the workflow will always redirect to the success page after being directed back from the Dwolla gateway.

I spent a couple hours yesterday looking through the code, and decided I will have to put off implementing until things slow down, or a possibly if a new version is released.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast