Default which File needs to be edited to remove the adsense?

Hi,
    There is a problem with my sidebar that recently it started showing adsense which i never put there on the sidebar?
    Which file needs to be edited to remove the adsense code?
    Can you please help me.
    Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: which File needs to be edited to remove the adsense?

Hmm... if it's in a sidebox of it's own, you could check in to Tools -> Layout Boxes Controller and turn it off in there. Or if it's in a sidebox with something else, then it could involve editing the code for it.

If you can't turn it off in the Layout Boxes Controller, maybe post a link to your site and the exact page you'd need to fix could be identified?

Quote Originally Posted by Jace View Post
    Hmm... if it's in a sidebox of it's own, you could check in to Tools -> Layout Boxes Controller and turn it off in there. Or if it's in a sidebox with something else, then it could involve editing the code for it.

If you can't turn it off in the Layout Boxes Controller, maybe post a link to your site and the exact page you'd need to fix could be identified?
    Thanks for your msg. i am seeing this ad on every page on the sidebar. i think someone hacked the site and put it.
    avanz.com.au

I checked there is no new layout boxes created. Can some one tell me which file is needed to be edited to remove the adsense from all the pages?

Plugin Contributions

You can't do it by editing files if you have been hacked - they will come back even if you remove all of them. You need to go to the "Concerns About Hack Attempts" forum and follow ALL of the directions in the big link at the top of that page.

Plugin Contributions

Where is the "adsense" content you are talking about? I don't see anything on your site now that doesn't look like it belongs there.

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    Where is the "adsense" content you are talking about? I don't see anything on your site now that doesn't look like it belongs there.
    I have attached the picture. I have changed the admin name and related things ...But The question remain same, Which file i need to edited?
    Can you kindly tell me where this adsense code would be?
    Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

It only shows up when I enable javascript for your site. It is not in the standard sidebox format, and it is javascript, so there is no telling where the file(s) might be.

If you didn't install anything from Google, someone else did, and you have to follow all the "recovering from hacks" steps to clean up and keep them from doing it again.

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    It only shows up when I enable javascript for your site. It is not in the standard sidebox format, and it is javascript, so there is no telling where the file(s) might be.

If you didn't install anything from Google, someone else did, and you have to follow all the "recovering from hacks" steps to clean up and keep them from doing it again.
    Nah, I did not install anything from Google. It came automatically.
    Can you do all that thing?:)

Plugin Contributions

You have to do the recovery steps yourself, or hire someone to do it. Post in Commercial Help Wanted if you need help beyond advice.