Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Attribute Required for Text flag not working

Note that this issue was fixed by the Zen Cart 1.5.3 upgrade script, which migrated these three values to configuration_group_id 6.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

I am having an issue with this on my 1.5.5f installation, I have the following addons installed:
    Advanced Shipper
    Fast and Easy Checkout
    Ceon Url Mapper
    Css/JS Loader

I checked the database and these 3 configuration setting in group 6, but it still not working.
    I had to set a default option just so one was selected on checkout, but i know this wont last for long.

Here is the link to a product, keep in mind i set a default.
    https://theaquablock.com/aquablocks/...nd/aquadiamond
    Any other places i can look into to see whats going on?

Jeff

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jeffiec View Post
    I am having an issue with this on my 1.5.5f installation, I have the following addons installed:
    Advanced Shipper
    Fast and Easy Checkout
    Ceon Url Mapper
    Css/JS Loader

I checked the database and these 3 configuration setting in group 6, but it still not working.
    I had to set a default option just so one was selected on checkout, but i know this wont last for long.

Here is the link to a product, keep in mind i set a default.
    https://theaquablock.com/aquablocks/...nd/aquadiamond
    Any other places i can look into to see whats going on?

Jeff
    What do you mean by "it still not working"?

What is happening, what is desired to happen (differently)?

A product that has attributes, but does not in some way force the attribute to remain as a selection can be added to the cart without the applicable attribute selected. Zen Cart attributes have a "required" flag that is described as applying only to text type attributes (Text provided by the customer or the text associated with uploading a file). Any other attribute type does not have a "requirement" to be present in a default installation. What I saw of the various radio buttons, is that a default has been set to them allowing the customer to simply select add-to-cart and go through the shopping process without ever really understanding that there are options among each of those attributes... Ie. you may find that you are going to sell a lot of this item that is black, without aqua light, no Betta Fish, No thermomenter, no AquaBrush, no AquaBlock Fish Food, and without a carrying case... You may also find that you may end up with a lot of returns/exchanges of the same thing.....

The recommendation is that there be an option in each of the attributes that suggests to the customer that they should choose one of the available options and that by not choosing one of the options, when they add the product to the cart the cart alerts that such a selection should be made... Yes, this "text" can be hidden, but the whole thing is that the CUSTOMER makes the selection not someone else in setting up the store...

So... For each of the option names used on this product (and other similar), one would add an option value within the option values manager. That option value should have a sort order of 0. Recommended text may be: "Please select an AquaDiamond..." for the first option name.

Then once all of those option names have that additional option value, within the attributes controller, that option value is added and is to be marked "Default" and "Display Only" and still have a sort order of 0. This is done for each option name.

Now, on the product page, there will be a radio button that is selected upon page display and if the product at that point is attempted to be added to the cart, there will be a message associated with the option name(s) that are still selected at being the default of "Please select xxxx..." and the product will not be added to the cart...

The need of an attribute to be associated with a product is determined by the store owner. It is possible that a product/attribute does not need to consider the attribute being associated... Therefore not EVERY product requires a default attribute to support purchase... But, if an attribute is required to be selected in order to support selecting the correct "product" then a default is a good idea such that the default is *not* something that can be added to the cart...

But, my question still stands. :) What is still not working?

Further, I don't see any text field that relates to this thread?
    Last edited by mc12345678; 15 Jun 2020 at 03:53 PM.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123