Plugin Contributions

Default 1.3.9d to 1.3.9.h

Hi,

Just about to commence my first upgrade and have read through the tuts and forums to get a good grounding.

1) I've read conflicting views on moving from d to h here. Should I upgrade e,f,g in order, or can I just upgrade to h? I have no modules installed yet.

2) This will sound dumb to most I know, but just want to triple check I get this part. I have set up a second database with my bluehost account on the current domain. I have then downloaded 1.3.9.h and at the moment have it sitting alongside my main store folder in the root remote side.

Do I then simply upload this 1.3.9.h folder (named it demo btw) to my server and then once server side place it into this new database?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1.3.9d to 1.3.9.h

Should I upgrade e,f,g in order, or can I just upgrade to h?
    Depends upon on the customizations to the files that you have accomplished and if you used the template overrides system

Suggest you view each change log and make a list of all files changed

Make a list of all files you have edited in your current install

Compare these two lists for any matches, and these are the only files you need to insure that your changes are made to the new version of the file

You may only find a few files that require attention
    Do I then simply upload this 1.3.9.h folder (named it demo btw) to my server and then once server side place it into this new database?
    Folloow the tutorial and install 1.3.9h, supplying the new DB details

Then Import your current DB backup to this new DB,,,
    There arre no DB changes in the 1.3.9 series at this time so no need to re-run zc_install to upgrade the DB

Make sure that you create a proper DB backup
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=103
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your fast response kobra.

Yes I used the templates overrides system.

With the help of drByte, I added a modified ez page for the homepage so I really want to preserve that.

Site: testsite. Clicking the name will get you into the site. I guess using filemerge will show up this mod?

So using filemerge to compare d and h should be good to go in my case.

I'm just digesting the rest of your advice on installing 1.3.9.h.

The thing I'm not clear on is where I upload the folder from. I use Dreamweaver CS4 as my file system. On it I have my store sitting in the root as you do. Should I then place the 1.3.9.h folder into this and upload to my server from there? Or should I upload this upgrade folder from brand new, as if I was doing a first install, but giving it the second database details?

Hope I made sense with my wording this time kobra. I appreciate your time.

Plugin Contributions

The thing I'm not clear on is where I upload the folder from. I use Dreamweaver CS4 as my file system.
    QUIT using it for a php application and it's FTP is not reliable

Get filezilla as you dedicated FTP client
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten