Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Changes in a .sql file

I am by no means a coder and require some help with this from those who know. PLEASE!

My ZenCart Sites:
    Zen Cart 1.3.9x
    Lightbox
    Image Handler 2
    Easy Populate

Situation:
    I have a Template I am using which i love. It works well and takes my site to a whole new level. However that being said I have 6 sites now and I have only uploaded the template onto 2 of them for the reason that if I want to make the site look how it should with all the bells and Whistles it came with I need to use the full.sl file that it came with which has a bunch of things with it I don't need such as the 'example' products. Another MAJOR down side, is that using the FULL.SQL file will delete and remove all the products I currently have in the store. This is a BIG deal as some of my sites have over 10,000 products. Another down side to the FULL.SQL file is that the Lightbox doesn't seem to work after I Install the SQL file.

The link below, shows the template I am using.
    http://www.templatetuning.com/zencar...iew/28172.html
    This is the working template test site - from the maker. Shows how it should work.
    http://osc4.template-help.com/zencart_28172/index.php

The Template came with a short.sql file but that file only has the categories and not the ez-pages set up which I need.

Below is the file. From my thinking if I remove the lines of code that refer to anything product. If you look at the template, what doesn't show up (And the things I need to show up) are listed below:
    *The EZ-Pages with the links at the top of the page: Home, New Products, Specials, All products, Reviews, Contact's, FAQ's
    *The 'Free Shipping banner' with engine pic (I need this as I want to put an image rotator here).
    *The Side boxes
    * I also need to change the names of the categories that show up

Can anyone look at the code and suggest the best method for doing the changes I want WITHOUT losing my entire store and products? (The code is in a word Doc as the code was 165,000+ characters and this forum will only allow up to 23,000)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Forums are for helping people!! if you don't want to help people then shut up and get off the forum!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Changes in a .sql file

If someone knows of a better way i can put the file up for everyone to see let me know. Sorry about having to have it downloaded!
    Forums are for helping people!! if you don't want to help people then shut up and get off the forum!

Plugin Contributions

I have been checking it over and these are a few things I 'think' I can remove without issue.:

#Dumping data for table `categories_description (And it's following contents)
    # Dumping data for table `products`(And it's following contents)
    # Dumping data for table `products_description`(And it's following contents)
    # Dumping data for table `reviews_description`And it's following contents)

Plugin Contributions

The code is in a word Doc as the code was 165,000+ characters
    First off QUIT using MS word for any editing tasks

Only a code editor should be used such as crimson editor or notepad++
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I do not see where you need any of this sql

It looks only to be for if you want it to look like the demo of the template as far as products, descriptions etc
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I've read your posts, but I am not sure of what you want to achieve.

You are saying that you have a template that you like, and you now want to render that template across a few other stores.

You are also saying that this template has a bunch of SQL that needs to be imported, but that doing so will "overwrite" existing dbase stuff.

Well... as far as I can see, I think you can safely IGNORE all that SQL, becuase none of it appears to be making alterations to the configuration tables. It looks like ALL of it relates only to the task of IMPORTING products, categories, banners, manufacturers and ezpages...

I don't think you need to "run" that SQL at all... Just load the template FILES and all should work OK.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Ah... Kobra just beat me to it...

Just load the template... ignore the SQL stuff.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    First off QUIT using MS word for any editing tasks

Only a code editor should be used such as crimson editor or notepad++
    I'm not using MS word for editing. I tried to upload the file for everyone to see but it would not work so I copied it into MS word to save as a .doc file. I use Crimson for all my edits.
    Last edited by outeredge2; 20 Dec 2010 at 11:41 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post
    I've read your posts, but I am not sure of what you want to achieve.

You are saying that you have a template that you like, and you now want to render that template across a few other stores.

You are also saying that this template has a bunch of SQL that needs to be imported, but that doing so will "overwrite" existing dbase stuff.

Well... as far as I can see, I think you can safely IGNORE all that SQL, becuase none of it appears to be making alterations to the configuration tables. It looks like ALL of it relates only to the task of IMPORTING products, categories, banners, manufacturers and ezpages...

I don't think you need to "run" that SQL at all... Just load the template FILES and all should work OK.
    I have the template loaded on the site. It comes up and is there. however NONE of the ez-pages are there until AFTER I install the .sql file. I do not know why this is so, or why it happens as It isn't meant to, from my little understanding of it. I want all of the ez-pages that came with the template to be on there and working.

As for 'OverWritting':
    When i got the template the full.sql file come with a warning saying it would erase ALL data and products on the site.

I Pretty much just want the ez-pages to be loaded into the site as well as the banner.

Plugin Contributions

I Pretty much just want the ez-pages to be loaded into the site
    This is just the sql for the ezpages

Copy it into crimson and save as a .sql file and import it

Code:
    # 
    # Table structure for table `ezpages`
    # 

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `ezpages`;
    CREATE TABLE `ezpages` (
      `pages_id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
      `languages_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '1',
      `pages_title` varchar(64) NOT NULL default '',
      `alt_url` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
      `alt_url_external` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
      `pages_html_text` mediumtext,
      `status_header` int(1) NOT NULL default '1',
      `status_sidebox` int(1) NOT NULL default '1',
      `status_footer` int(1) NOT NULL default '1',
      `status_toc` int(1) NOT NULL default '1',
      `header_sort_order` int(3) NOT NULL default '0',
      `sidebox_sort_order` int(3) NOT NULL default '0',
      `footer_sort_order` int(3) NOT NULL default '0',
      `toc_sort_order` int(3) NOT NULL default '0',
      `page_open_new_window` int(1) NOT NULL default '0',
      `page_is_ssl` int(1) NOT NULL default '0',
      `toc_chapter` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
      PRIMARY KEY  (`pages_id`),
      KEY `idx_lang_id_zen` (`languages_id`),
      KEY `idx_ezp_status_header_zen` (`status_header`),
      KEY `idx_ezp_status_sidebox_zen` (`status_sidebox`),
      KEY `idx_ezp_status_footer_zen` (`status_footer`),
      KEY `idx_ezp_status_toc_zen` (`status_toc`)
    ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=22 ;

# 
    # Dumping data for table `ezpages`
    # 

INSERT INTO `ezpages` (`pages_id`, `languages_id`, `pages_title`, `alt_url`, `alt_url_external`, `pages_html_text`, `status_header`, `status_sidebox`, `status_footer`, `status_toc`, `header_sort_order`, `sidebox_sort_order`, `footer_sort_order`, `toc_sort_order`, `page_open_new_window`, `page_is_ssl`, `toc_chapter`) VALUES (1, 1, 'EZPages', '', '', 'This is the main page listed under the Link EZPages in the Header<br /><br />\r\n\r\n<strong>See: What is EZPages? Link for detailed use of EZPages</strong><br /><br />\r\n\r\nThis Link could show in the Header, Footer or Sidebox or a combination of all three locations.<br /><br />\r\n\r\nThe Chapter and TOC settings are for using this Page in combination with other Pages.<br /><br />\r\n\r\nThe other Pages can be shown either *only* with this Link in the Chapter and TOC or as their own Link in the Header, Footer or Sidebox, depending on how you would like them to appear on your site.<br /><br />\r\n\r\nThere is no true "Master" Link, other than the Links you actually have configured to display. But any Link in a Chapter can be displayed in any of the 3 locations for the Header, Footer or Sidebox or not at all, where it only appears together with the other Links in the Chapter.', 0, 0, 0, 1, 10, 0, 0, 10, 0, 0, 10),
    (2, 1, 'A New Page', '', '', 'This is another page that is linked to the Chapter 10 via the Chapter number used and is sorted based on the TOC Order.<br /><br />\r\n\r\nThere is not a link to this page via the Header, Footer nor the Sidebox.<br /><br />\r\n\r\nThis page is only seen if the "main" link is selected and then it will show in the TOC listing.<br /><br />\r\n\r\nThis is a handy way to have numerous links that are related but only show one main link to get to them all.<br /><br />', 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 30, 0, 0, 10),
    (3, 1, 'Another New Page', '', '', 'This is yet another new page or link that is part of Chapter 10<br /><br />\r\n\r\nThe numbering of the Chapters can be done in any manner. But, by number in increments such as 10, 20, 30, etc. you can later insert pages, or links, as needed within the existing pages.<br /><br />\r\n\r\nThere is no limit to the number of pages, or links, that can be grouped together using the Chapter.<br /><br />\r\n\r\nThe display of the Previous/Next and TOC listing is a setting that can be turned on or off.', 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 40, 0, 0, 10),
    (4, 1, 'My Link', '', '', 'This is a single page link that will be shown in the Sidebox.<br /><br />\r\n\r\nThere are no additional pages or links associated with this page as there is no Chapter.<br /><br />\r\n\r\nLater, if you want to expand on this link you can add a Chapter and TOC settings and build a group.<br /><br />\r\n\r\nNotice that the Previous/Next and TOC automatically disable when there isn''t a Chapter. Even with a Chapter, there must be more than one (1) related link or page in the group before these will display.', 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 10, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0),
    (5, 1, 'Anything', '', '', 'The title or link names can be anything that you would like to use.<br /><br />\r\n\r\nYou decide on the content and the link name relative to that content.<br /><br />\r\n\r\nThen, define where you want the link to show: Header, Footer or Sidebox or as a combination of these three locations.<br /><br />\r\n\r\nThe content of the page can be anything you like. Be sure that your content is valid in regard to table and stylesheet rules.<br /><br />\r\n\r\nYou can even set up the links to go to Secure or Non-Secure pages as well as open in the same or a new window.<br /><br />\r\n\r\nLinks can also be setup to use internal or external links vs the HTML Content. See: examples below in the Link URL settings.', 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 20, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0),
    (6, 1, 'Shared', '', '', 'This link is a "shared" link between the Header, Footer and Sidebox.<br /><br />\r\n\r\nThe number on the order was set to 50 on all of the settings just for the sake of an easier notation on entering it.<br /><br />\r\n\r\nThe order can be the same or different for the three locations.<br /><br />\r\n\r\nIf you wanted to really get creative, you could also have this as part of a Chapter not related to the link order.<br /><br />', 0, 1, 0, 0, 50, 50, 50, 0, 0, 0, 0),
    (7, 1, 'My Account', 'index.php?main_page=account', '', '', 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 10, 0, 0, 1, 0),
    (8, 1, 'Site Map', 'index.php?main_page=site_map', '', '', 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 40, 20, 0, 0, 0, 0),
    (9, 1, 'Privacy Notice', 'index.php?main_page=privacy', '', '', 0, 0, 0, 0, 30, 0, 40, 0, 0, 0, 0),
    (10, 1, 'Zen Cart', '', 'http://www.zen-cart.com', '', 0, 0, 0, 0, 60, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0),
    (11, 1, 'Gift Certificates', 'index.php?main_page=index&cPath=21', '', '', 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 60, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0),
    (12, 1, 'Action DVDs', 'index.php?main_page=index&cPath=3_10', '', '', 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 60, 0, 0, 0, 0),
    (13, 1, 'Google', '', 'http://www.google.com', '', 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 70, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0),
    (14, 1, 'What is EZ-Pages?', '', '', '<table cellspacing="4" cellpadding="4" border="3" align="center" style="width: 80%;"><tbody><tr><td><span style="font-style: italic;">\r\n<span style="font-weight: bold;">Note: This EZ-Page has been written with the help of the HTMLarea Editor.<br /> <br />This means that this EZ-page will not validate correctly based on how HTMLarea or other editors renders the code.</span></span></td></tr></tbody></table><br /><br /><span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">Summary</span><br /><br /><span style="font-weight: bold;">EZ-Pages</span> is a fast, easy way of creating links and additional pages.<br /><br />The additional Pages can be for:<br /><ul><li>New Pages</li><li>Internal Links</li><li>External Links</li><li>Secure or Non-Secure pages</li><li>Same or New Window</li></ul>In Addition, there is the ability to create &quot;related&quot; links in the format of a Chapter (group) and its TOC (related pages/links).<br /><br /><span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">Link Naming</span><br /><br />Links are named by the Page Title. All Links need a Page Title in order to function.<br /><br />If you forget to add a Page Title, then you will not be able to add the Link.<br /><br />If you do not assign an Order for the Header, Sidebox or Footer, then the Link will not display even if you have a Page Title.<br /><br /><span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">Link Placement</span><br /><br /></span>While you have the option of adding Additional Links to the Header, Footer and Sidebox with EZ-Pages, you are not limited to these three Link locations. Links can be in one or more locations simply by enabling the Order for the Location(s) where the Link should appear..<br /><br />The Link Location Status for the Header, Footer and Sidebox is controlled simply by setting these to Yes or No for each setting. Then, set the Order in which the Link should appear for each location.<br /><br />This means that if you were to set Header to Yes 30 and Sidebox to Yes 50 then the link would appear in both the Header and Sidebox in the Order of your Links.<br /><br />The Order numbering method is up to you. Numbering using 10, 20, 30, etc. will allow you to sort the Links and add additional Links later.<br /><br />Note: a 0 value for the Order will disable the Link from displaying.<br /><br /><span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">Open in New Window and Secure Pages</span><br /></span><br />With EZ-Pages, each Link can take you to the same, main window for your shop; or, you can have the Link open a brand new New Window. In addition, there is an option for making the Link open as a Secure Page or a Non-Secure Page.<br /><br /><span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">Chapter and TOC</span><br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);" /><br />The Chapter and TOC, or Table of Contents, are a unique method of building Multiple Links that interact together.<br /><br />While these Links still follow the rules of the Header, Footer and Sidebox placement, the difference is that only one of the Links, the Main Link, needs to be displayed anywhere on the site.<br /><br />If you had, for example, 5 related Links, you could add the first Link as the Main Link by setting its location to the Header, Footer or Sidebox and set its Order, as usual.<br /><br />Next, you need to assign a Chapter or Group number to the Link. This Chapter holds the related Links together.<br /><br />Then, set the TOC or Table of Contents setting. This is a secondary Sort Order for within the Chapter.<br /><br />Again, you can display any of the Links within a Chapter, as well as making any of these Links the Main Link. Whether the Links all show, or just one or more of the Links show, the Chapter is the key to grouping these Links together in the TOC or Previous/Next. <br /><br /><span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;">NOTE: While all Links within a Chapter will display together, you can have the different Links display in the Header, Footer or Sidebox on their own. Or, you can have the additional Links only display when the Main Link or one of the Additional Links within the Chapter has been opened.</span><br style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;" /><br />The versitility of EZ-Pages will make adding new Links and Pages extreamly easy for the beginner as well as the advance user.<br /><br />While this page was made in HTMLarea editor, any HTML editor could be used.<br /><br />However, be careful ... HTML editors will often add the opening and closing tags for the &lt;html&gt;, &lt;head&gt; and &lt;body&gt; to the file you are working on.<br /><br />These are already added to the pages via EZ-Pages.<br /><br /><span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0); font-weight: bold;">External Link URL</span><br /><br />External Link URLs are links to outside pages not within your shop. These can be to any valid URL such as:<br /><br />http://www.sashbox.net<br /><br />You need to include the full URL path to any External Link URL. You may also mark these to open in a New Window or the Same Window.<br /><br /><span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0); font-weight: bold;">Internal Link URL</span><br /><br />Internal Link URLs are links to internal pages within your shop. These can be to any valid URL, but should be written as relative links such as:<br /><br />index.php?main_page=index&amp;cPath=21<br /><br />The above Link would take you to the Category for categories_id 21<br /><br />While these links can be the Full URL to an Internal Link, it is best to write as a Relative Link so that if you change domains, are work on a temporary domain or an IP Address, the Link will remain valid if moved to another domain, IP Address, etc.<br /><br />Internal Links can also open in a New Window or the Same Window or be for Secure or Non-Secure Pages.<br /><br /><span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">EZ-Pages Additional Pages vs Internal Links vs External Links</span><br /><br />The Type of Link that you create is based on an order of precidence, where HTML Content will superceed both the Internal Link and the External Link values.<br /><br />The External Link URL will superceed the Internal Link URL.<br /><br />If you try to set a combination of HTML Content, Internal Link and/or External Link, the Link will be flagged in the listing with a read icon to alert you to your mistake.<br /><br /><span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">WARNING ...</span><br /><br />When using Editors such as HTMLarea, if you hit enter in the HTML Content area <br /> will be added. These will be detected as &quot;content&quot; and will override any Internal Link URL or External Link URL.<br /><br /><span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">Admin Only Display</span><br /><br />Sometimes, when working on EZ-Pages, you will want to be able to work on a Live Site and see the results of your work, but not allow the Customers to see this until you are done.<br /><br />There are 3 settings in the Configuration ... EZ-Pages Settings for the Header, Footer and Sidebox  Status:<br /><ul><li>OFF</li><li>ON</li><li>Admin Only</li></ul>The Admin Only setting is controlled by the IP Address(es) set in the Website Maintenance.<br /><br />This can be very handy when needing to work on a Live Site but not wanting customers to see the work in progress.<br /><br />', 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 20, 0, 0, 10),
    (15, 1, 'Home', 'index.php?main_page=index', '', '', 1, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0),
    (16, 1, 'New Products', 'index.php?main_page=products_new', '', '', 1, 0, 1, 0, 2, 2, 2, 2, 0, 0, 0),
    (17, 1, 'Specials', 'index.php?main_page=specials', '', '', 1, 0, 1, 0, 3, 3, 3, 3, 0, 0, 0),
    (18, 1, 'All Products', 'index.php?main_page=products_all', '', '', 1, 0, 1, 0, 4, 4, 4, 4, 0, 0, 0),
    (19, 1, 'Reviews', 'index.php?main_page=reviews', '', '', 1, 0, 1, 0, 5, 5, 5, 5, 0, 0, 0),
    (20, 1, 'Contacts', 'index.php?main_page=contact_us', '', '', 1, 0, 1, 0, 6, 6, 6, 6, 0, 0, 0),
    (21, 1, 'FAQ\'s', 'index.php?main_page=gv_faq', '', '', 1, 0, 1, 0, 7, 7, 7, 0, 0, 0, 0);
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast