Plugin Contributions

red flag Admin page showing file list instead of admin login page

I have recently installed the zen cart version 1.3.7.1 as directed by the Zen Cart book that I purchased. This is all new to me so I have not installed anything extra as of yet. I have searched the forum like has been suggested both by the book and by what I have seen here.

The problem is I am working on setting up the cart as described by the book and on chapter 3 it describes accessing the admin screen. When I type the web address into the browser all that is seen is a file list something like we would see from an FTP server. It seems to be showing the files that are located in the admin folder not loading the screen as it should. I have checked all the related files. I cannot post the link to this page as it is a local machine that I am setting this up on to setup the test run of my store. Not sure where to go from here.

Thank you
    Eric

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin page showing file list instead of admin login page

When you do this is an index.php file being displayed?

If so, what happens if you enter the url as something like

http://localhost/zen/admin/index.php

Replace any folder names or ?? in the address but insure that you add the /index,php

If that works, consult your docs on your local install of xampp or wampp for including .php files
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Also make sure you are using the latest Zen Cart version (and not v1.3.7.1) as indicated in the free PDF update at the book's site.

Go through the PDF update first before reading the book. Otherwise you may experience problems when working with the latest *AMP software.
    Goh Koon Hoek, author of "e-Start Your Web Store with Zen Cart".
    Printed book: www.lulu.com/content/10576284
    Electronic book and Errata: www.cucumbermedia.com/store

Plugin Contributions

I have downloaded the updated PDF to change the verson over to the new version which I do remember reading within the book but forgot to do before I started the intallation. Since I have not made it far in the book and through the program will upgrade the version first. As for when I type in http://localhost/store/admin it shows a file list something like an FTP page would show. it does not bring up any page asking for admin log in or anything. I will have to test the index.php when I return to my computer but I am away for 24 + hours so I will follow up with what I find.