Plugin Contributions

Default Getting access denied, not accepting passwords when installing with Fantastico

Hello,

I am trying to install ZC through fantastico and I created a database first via pages on my control panel in my webhosting.

Now I am trying to one click install for ZC and I keep getting this message:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'askingan'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /tmp/cpanel_phpengine.1346479784.310947IUkmUrZEc on line 1686
    Access denied for user 'askingan'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

All I have to do successfully is provide a directory (I am calling it Jewellery)
    Then give the admin name and password.

Are these the same passwords I used in creating the database? They don't work and neither does just making up new ones. This is supposed to be an easy one step installation of the latest version of ZC....what am I possibly doing wrong on this easy installation? Please help.

I tried calling the techs but just get put on hold forever, they just won't pick up. Guess I picked the wrong hosting people Zero customer service. So yes, totally confused on what admin name to use and password (none was supplied, should I have received one?)
    Thanks.
    Last edited by violetlinnie; 1 Sep 2012 at 07:24 AM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Getting access denied, not accepting passwords when installing with Fantastico

Since the fantastico script usually creates the MySQL user and database, your description leads me to believe that that's an error with the Fantastico scripts on the hosting company's server.
    They'll need to fix that themselves before you'll be able to use it.
    Alternatively you can certainly try logging a tech support ticket with Fantastico directly: https://netenberg.com/#customer.html

It's certainly an interesting (and unfortunate) sequel to your previous question: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...sting-services

In the meantime, you can certainly do your own installation by using your FTP program and following the hosting company's online help for creating a MySQL database and user. While the tools they provide for doing that are unique to their server configuration, the broader installation process is outlined in the /docs/ImplementationGuide.pdf found in the Zen Cart files package found at www.zen-cart.com/getit
    (You'll need to unzip the file once you download it)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Getting access denied, not accepting passwords when installing with Fantastico

-- deleted --
    Last edited by Design75; 1 Sep 2012 at 07:45 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Since the fantastico script usually creates the MySQL user and database, your description leads me to believe that that's an error with the Fantastico scripts on the hosting company's server.
    They'll need to fix that themselves before you'll be able to use it.
    Alternatively you can certainly try logging a tech support ticket with Fantastico directly: https://netenberg.com/#customer.html

It's certainly an interesting (and unfortunate) sequel to your previous question: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...sting-services

In the meantime, you can certainly do your own installation by using your FTP program and following the hosting company's online help for creating a MySQL database and user. While the tools they provide for doing that are unique to their server configuration, the broader installation process is outlined in the /docs/ImplementationGuide.pdf found in the Zen Cart files package found at www.zen-cart.com/getit
    (You'll need to unzip the file once you download it)
    Well then this is beyond funny....maybe finding a reliable hosting company doesn't exist. I will try to call them at midnight, it is meant to be 24/7 service.

Yes, I guess I can do it myself. I already put filezilla on my computer and played with uploading ZC on free webhosting but didn't bother to try installing. Knowing me learning from scratch, it will take me hours if not days to follow the simple instructions. On the upside, my website looks really good, at least that uploaded with just a few clicks, like literally in a two minutes.

I'll send them an email with the error message....maybe they will fix it, but I won't hold my breath :)

Thanks for your informative reply, it certainly stops me from pulling my hair out like I have yesterday and today trying to get it to work, it's not my fault, nice to know. I can breath again. Yes, I see the irony considering my last topic.
    Last edited by violetlinnie; 1 Sep 2012 at 07:59 AM.

Plugin Contributions

You are right, with Fantastico I don't need to create a database, it does it or should do. Hmm...
    I am googling answers at this point since the hosting website has no information at all about fantastico or any of the apps, including no help pages on how to install any of the apps. They all install in a similar way, one click and you just provide user names and passwords then click install. Except they don't.

Here's a good link on how fantastico should work: installationwiki.org/Installing_Zen_Cart

Plugin Contributions

I sent them the error message and they finally emailed back that it's fixed, and I really did just install it with two clicks (not one)

Of course they don't offer support once it's installed, but fingers crossed, it should be straight forward now