Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cannot login after setting 301 redirect in htacccess file

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    Secondly, you can delete that sh1t from the .htaccess file (If that is all the file contains just delete the file).
    DON'T delete the rewrite rule.. it is for Ceon URI Mapping.

As to your original problem, you say you've changed your site from using https://featherart.com.au to https://www.featherart.com.au... do you have SSL certificates for BOTH https://featherart.com.au and https://www.featherart.com.au?

As it is, neither address is working at the minute because of a misconfigured SSL setup.

To put your mind at rest somewhat, none of your troubles are to do with Ceon URI Mapping or its rewrite rule, your problems are caused by your server misconfiguration, not the rule in the .htaccess file, it doesn't care what domain you are using.

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by conor View Post
    DON'T delete the rewrite rule.. it is for Ceon URI Mapping.
    Ooops, sorry about that Conor. I didn't recognise it as being for your module, and although I generally dislike URI mappings (done incorrectly they cause far more problems than they solve), but I do have to acknowledge that you seem to keep this well in hand with both good code practices and support, so I'm happy to make an exception to my usual advice in this instance.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rod,

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    Ooops, sorry about that Conor. I didn't recognise it as being for your module
    No problem.. I totally understand where you are coming from.. it's much easier to narrow down the source of a problem if you get rid of the "gumpf" on the site, and .htaccess files are often full of legacy stuff people are too scared to remove in case they mess something unexpected up!

Was just letting this person know that in this case that rule can't be part of the source of their problems, hopefully they can fix things easily enough (I'd imagine so, doesn't seem like there could be many causes for the sort of behaviour described).

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Was just letting this person know that in this case that rule can't be part of the source of their problems
    FWIW, I could see that this wouldn't be the cause of this particular problem, but not knowing why it was there in the first place I knew it couldn't hurt anything to remove it to help identify the real cause... basically trying to cover a potential cause.

hopefully they can fix things easily enough (I'd imagine so, doesn't seem like there could be many causes for the sort of behaviour described).
    After reviewing the info provided, and the problem to be solved, I also think that your are probably closer to to identifying the cause than I was... ie, the SSL certificate is only valid for featherart.com.au and not www.featherart.com.au.

It *should* have been one of the first things I'd have thought about, and my only 'excuse' is that I've gotten so accustomed to people using shared certificates (yuk) that I'd almost forgotten this caveat in regards to the real deal. <huge sigh>

Hopefully the OP is still reading this thread and can follow what we are now discussing. :)

Cheers
    Rod.
    Last edited by RodG; 9 May 2012 at 01:47 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Peoples,

Thanks for the input; you've given me some further ideas for trouble shooting this issue. It's a bit late at night to try more stuff now (1am here)got work tomorrow.
    BTW I'm not using any SSL Certs. All my transactions are done through Paypal. I've implemented all the security recommendations provided by Zencart team and I'm with a good hosting company. I haven't had this trouble before and I've implemented a few sites usung the CEON URI mapping - so I don't believe it's the issue.

And thanks, I'll look into the shipping quotes as well.

Cheers,
    Greg

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ozetrade View Post
    I'm not using any SSL Certs. All my transactions are done through Paypal.
    OK, so we can scrap that idea.

This takes me back to my original idea that there is an error in one of your configure files. OR........

Quote Originally Posted by ozetrade View Post
    I haven't had this trouble before and I've implemented a few sites usung the CEON URI mapping - so I don't believe it's the issue.
    If your problem does turn out to be a redirection error rather than a configuration error then Conor is the person most able to help. In case you didn't gather from the postings between us (and I've never even communicated with him before now), I know enough to know that that he is somewhat of a leading authority in regards to URL rewrites/redirects, and I'd be a fool to argue or contradict him... if he says it's not CEON mapping, then I beleive him (plus the fact that the .htaccess code that you posted wouldn't be the cause anyway). Perhaps there is *another* .htaccess (or even a server redirection) that is causing the problem.

Either way, it's outside my area of expertise, so I'll leave any further comments/suggestions to Conor. :)

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Well here's an update I wasn't expecting to report.

I have it working. After some more frustrating failures last night, I decided to try it from a different computer. From my work computer, I made the simple changes to the configure.php file I mentioned in my original post. Did the basic testing as a customer logging in and it worked.

So my issue seems to be local cache on my PC at home. Now that peeves me because I've flushed that cretin 3 times.

Don't we love them Windows pox boxes. I guess if I'd tried it with GC or FF instead of IE, I'd have solved days ago.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update. It's always to have closure with problems such as this, no matter what the cause ends up being. Your experience may help others.

Cheers
    Rod

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123