Plugin Contributions

Default paypal vs register / login

i was wondering i like to use paypal for my transaction and i know many dont use paypal or have a account but with the express check out they dont have to have account to pay and it has all there informaiton for me. and its on a secure server, with having no ssl would this be a good option for customer security. and just take out the log in as a optional sign up or less information needed. like age and phone # . at this time i dont have a option to take credit cards myself so i use paypal. any suggestions thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: paypal vs register / login

i think i just had a brain fart. if im not mistaken you have to register either way so that would work . hmm iv been up to long code is starting to look double. ill ponder on this one.

Plugin Contributions

with the express check out they don't have to have account to pay and it has all there information for me. and its on a secure server, with having no ssl would this be a good option for customer security.
    Correct.
    If you do not have, or do not wish to purchase an SSL certificate, you should ONLY use methods which do not compromise customer privacy.
    For the record, removing fields such as date of birth or phone number are not recommended. Many payment modules require them. (ie. it will throw you an error if you don't have them) While this may(or may not) not be true for PayPal, in the future, you may have to restore them to use a PCI compliant provider.
    You are not technically required to force login for purchase. PayPal will send you product details and the orders on their end as well, so long as the product attributes don't get too long for PayPal to receive.

Plugin Contributions

An SSL certificate is worth every penny. Generally, people will not buy without it. Also, you get to brag about it in your privacy page.

Plugin Contributions

Just remember that some SSL certs will not meet PCI DSS compliance. Sometimes, cheap winds up being very expensive.

Plugin Contributions

I need to have a login for customers, ad my products are downloads, and customers need a place they can log in to get them. Is there a way I can use the express checkout and still require an account to be created at my zen site? I'm feeling a bit lost with the Paypal options. Standard payments seems a bit unreliable, with the issue of the servers needing to communicate, but I can't go to express if it doesn't require an account setup at my site.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
    ~Jewel

Plugin Contributions

dbltoe

ust remember that some SSL certs will not meet PCI DSS compliance. Sometimes, cheap winds up being very expensive.
    hmm, do you have any suggestions on ssl that is up to par with PCI DSS compliances. im currently don't except credit cards through my site they must have paypal or use the paypal express, i would get the ssl mainly for customers register info to become a member.
    although when you use the paypal express it does give me the email address and billing info. i offer to delete this info from my site if requested, but it stays in my paypal records that i keep offline.

i looking in the future to except credit through the site im still trying to understand it all.

any suggestions on where to start looking for the best way with low cost. i hear alot of the credit places charge a monthly fee to except credit card is this true ?
    and how could i set something up in the future to have a direct to bank account instead of having to use paypal for everthing. thanks

mgdesigns

what i would do is take the link for paypal express off the first cart page this will force the customer to sign up . when they click on check out it will take them to you register / login page. add some shpeel about you must be a member to download products and they will sign up. make sure you get a ssl cert this will make people feel safe. now after they become a member they will be directed to the shipping cost page and how to pay, keep the paypal express there and also reg. paypal check out. thats the way i would go about it at least. good luck