Plugin Contributions

Default Problems with importing database in phpMyadmin..

Hello,

Before two days ago I had some problems with my zen-cart database and I decided to delete database and then to import backup database I saved four days ago. Reason I choosed to do this is because I had similar problems before and I always used backup database (usualy 5-7 days old) and I always managed to solve the problems.

I tryed to do same thing now by importing my backup database through using Import tab/option in phpMyadmin and this is what happens:

- I choose backup file by clicking by clicking on button "Browse" under section "File to import" and then click on button "Go" as always;

- My 3.5 MB heavy backup file is loading about cca 3-4 minutes and then it suddenly stops without showing any error message

- After that only 6 tables are imported. You can see the screenshot by clicking here.

I am not sure what to do because there is no error message or similar, after backup file loads I only see on the left side of screen 6 tables as shown on screenshot above and or the right side is only white space

Any help is appreciated and many thanks for promt replys cause I need to solve this asap.

Cheers
    MY Website
    The best of the best: Zen Cart

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problems with importing database in phpMyadmin..

If your phpmyadmin is not capable of importing it, upload the file to your server and contact your host ans have them do it
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Thank you cobra for quick reply, really apreciate it: I will do that tomorow and post result here
    MY Website

Plugin Contributions

Hi cobra,

Sorry for my delay, my host wasn't so quick and manged to import backup file one week ago. Somehow he managed to import it but he informed me that he had many difficulties and had to split some parts into smaller pieces and executing them in order.

Now everything is back normal again except that now I can't use any of configuration submenu items in admin section I explained it in detail on this topic.

Hope you can help me with this one because not sure what to do except to try again importing backup file myself again..
    MY Website

Plugin Contributions

he informed me that he had many difficulties and had to split some parts into smaller pieces and executing them in order.
    Oh dear! Sounds like you have a "host" who doesn't know how to use SSH to import large Databases, so he split the database up into smaller separate files which phpMyAdmin wouldn't choke on.

Vger