Plugin Contributions

Default Cannot Figure This Out - Error - Please Help

I'm getting these errors when I click on the "add to cart" button and it goes to a blank page. The product is added to the cart but a blank page is loaded. I've read numerous posts relating to this and here is the errors I am getting...can't seem to find a fix. All seems to relate to line 2 in the index.php file??

Warning 1:

PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/XXXXX/public_html/shop-fth/index.php:2) in /home/XXXXX/public_html/shop-fth/includes/functions/functions_general.php on line 45

Warning 2:

PHP Warning: session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/XXXXX/public_html/shop-fth/index.php:2) in /home/XXXXX/public_html/shop-fth/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 109

Warning 3:

PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/XXXXX/public_html/shop-fth/index.php:2) in /home/XXXXX/public_html/shop-fth/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php on line 79

I am looking in the shop-fth/index.php on line 2 and cannot find a single thing wrong. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Mike

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cannot Figure This Out - Error - Please Help

More background info would be helpful.

- what version of Zen Cart
    - did you recently upgrade
    - were things working fine before and the problem just started - if yes, what changed

Also, the first error msg. is the one to go by as usually, fixing that fixes the other problems as well. This can be better addressed once the answers to the above are known.

Hi there,

I'm having the same issue. Running a demo site after update to 1.3.9h (from 1.3.8) everthing was fine, untill I tried to complete a test order and index.php?main_page=shopping_cart or index.php?main_page=checkout_shippng send me to a blank page. Both Firefox and Chrome show some like "Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete."
    I'm using products with attributes stock mod

Also, my /cache doesn't show anything yet, even when I'm repeating the process

Plugin Contributions

In your Admin section, are you getting a msg. stating: "This database needs updating" or wording to that effect?

Nop. Nothing like that, I'm still trying to get enable_error_logging.php to reflecting something in the /chache folder but it's still empty, even whit 777 permissions

Plugin Contributions

PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
    The most common of errors and I'm sure it's covered in Tutorials/FAQS (link above). It happens when you have "white space" (blank lines or spaces) before or afer the opening or closing php tags in a file.

Vger

Great! I'm on it.

The problem now it's I cannot see wich file is the one is causing this problem, as I wrote before I'm trying to check using error logging but doesn't work.
    Help would be much appreciated!

Plugin Contributions

The warnings tell you which file/s the white space may exist in. You go through them one by one and correct the errors, which will probably result in new errors showing you that the problem next exists in another file or files. Just keep going until the errors are all gone.

Vger